• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Gift certificates

eclark1894

Visionary
Does Hivewire have gift certificates? What if I wanted to buy something for someone else or a friend?

Also, do I get the reward points in my account? Or do they when they redeem the certificate?:)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
The ability to buy things for others (gifting/GCs) is something we don't have yet, but is definitely on the "to do" list. Since it's not yet available, I don't know how Reward Points will work.

eclark1894

Visionary
So if I bought and paid for say Dawn SE and then sent the file to someone else, would i be in legal trouble, even if I never installed the file on my own computer? I know that you probably don't know the answer. I'll wait though til your find out. Go ahead. I'll still be here when you get back.:D

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What I would do if it were me, Earl, is for someone you want to buy a product for, send that person the money via PayPal, and then they should be able to use it to get the item out of the store here.

GC's would definitely be wonderful, and a preferable solution, I know. But in the meantime, I would use that route myself. Just send the item amount to the person via PayPal, and tell them which item it's for or which item you're giving to them as a gift with it... something like that.

eclark1894

Visionary
What I would do if it were me, Earl, is for someone you want to buy a product for, send that person the money via PayPal, and then they should be able to use it to get the item out of the store here.

GC's would definitely be wonderful, and a preferable solution, I know. But in the meantime, I would use that route myself. Just send the item amount to the person via PayPal, and tell them which item it's for or which item you're giving to them as a gift with it... something like that.
I did actually think of that, but for personal reasons, I can't and won't reveal, I'm boycotting Paypal.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Great idea, Seliah! Not an option in this case, but for others til we have a system to do gifts or gcs

So if I bought and paid for say Dawn SE and then sent the file to someone else, would i be in legal trouble, even if I never installed the file on my own computer? I know that you probably don't know the answer. I'll wait though til your find out. Go ahead. I'll still be here when you get back.:D

I do know the answer, and sorry, that is definitely not legal - from the EULA "You may not in any case: (a) separately publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense any Content or any part thereof"

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I've gone the PayPal route myself, and works well. Hopefully we'll be able to get GCs working here, as that's the best/easiest way to go about it. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
If we get certificates, then I think the person getting the GC should get the reward points. They're the ones who are spending the money after all. they chould get something out of the deal and everyone gets something. The Gifter gets the points, the Giftee, gets the product, and Hivewire gets the money and possibly a new customer.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I would suspect that would be the case, because you get RP when the actual purchase is made.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Of that answers that question… So all run off to PayPal and send money to my friend because I want him to own one of the products here… :)