• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting to know the Poser Morph Tools

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm a HAPPY camper! I love learning and in my Poser 2014 (have no reason to upgrade, don't like Superfly, but that is another discussion).... I'm learning the morph tool! I have never used it until about a month ago, when I wanted to create a "sippy cup" for Luna... ( I did, can't share it, I used someone's elses prop cup)...

But NOW I wanted to experiment...could I lesson the amount of post work I do to a Poser render, in photoshop, by morphing the mesh that's not right?! YES! WOO HOOO!

MorphTool_UsePoser.jpg

A simple enough small fix but since I want to 'post work' the cowboy jacket CLOSED, I wanted
the "turtle neck" back out of the way... so I thought, why not, TRY THE MORPH TOOL?! I just
gently pushed back the lower part of the neck piece- so it was behind the jacket! The neat thing
is that the 'morph' just stays even when I close the tool box and go back to the normal poser move
tool! WOW!

AND FYI: I brought in the "Falling for Dawn" JACKET-SWEATER I bought here at the Hive.
I used the sweater with all parts made invisible, but the collar, trans-moved it onto my already posed
Dusk as best I could. The sweater's morphs still work to shape the neck-collar the way I wanted, but this area stuck out. (once I close the jacket in post work (it won't close tight against the cold, when it's mapped in cowboy jacket from Laurie's set) the look will be a nice warm sweater under the jacket! :)
I'm using Aleric for my aging cowboy in an art piece that started out because I want to show off the AMAZING saddle!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The morph tool in Poser is something I think a lot of folks find very useful. I know one Poser artist who uses it all the time.

I've never been able to get it to do me any favors; all it's ever done for me is destroy a mesh. LOL :D

This looks good, though. Definitely looks like it will make the postwork easier afterwards. Nice touch using Dawn's item like a prop there. I think it works well.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I used it for the first time a few months ago while I was trying to fix a fold after doing a sim of a long dress. I wound up with a crink in the fold just below the back of the knee with Dawn in a walking pose, so one leg was forward, and one was in back. I took my time and did it gently, and it came out fairly decently.

Haven't had the occasion to use it again, but now that I've seen some nice results, I won't be scared to use it.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I made a bedroll!! giggle fit! I used the high res ball, X dialed it into an elongated oval, pushed and pulled the ends... slapped Fabi's blanket material on, unplugged the displacement node, found color I wanted... and walla!
Bedroll.jpg

and the rest of this post goes in "post work" forum..... 'cause I took bits of rein and sort of fashioned leather ties on! hehehehe! wheeeeeeeeeeee!

STILL need a "real" bedroll, I put that in the wish list for Harry thread...

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I used to hate the morphing tool, because my computer didn't have enough guts to handle it. It would just freeze up for a few seconds every time I "brushed" something. However, since upgrading my computer (slightly), I have had wonderful results with it. I just used it today to make a dynamic shirt I designed for Michael 4 fit Dusk. I don't know if this is a Poser "Pro" thing, but when I had Poser 9 there wasn't a "loosen" or "tighten" option. I'm really loving it with PoserPro...

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
With p11p you can make a morph and save it and it's a usable dial morph...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
and the rest of this post goes in "post work" forum..... 'cause I took bits of rein and sort of fashioned leather ties on! hehehehe! wheeeeeeeeeeee!
I was JUST going to ask how you did those. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I used to hate the morphing tool, because my computer didn't have enough guts to handle it. It would just freeze up for a few seconds every time I "brushed" something. However, since upgrading my computer (slightly), I have had wonderful results with it. I just used it today to make a dynamic shirt I designed for Michael 4 fit Dusk. I don't know if this is a Poser "Pro" thing, but when I had Poser 9 there wasn't a "loosen" or "tighten" option. I'm really loving it with PoserPro...

OH super, I'm glad for you... makes SUCH a difference! I got a "super machine" for my "last" computer (at my age, blush!) so I'm VERY happy with the things I can do/learn in my Pro2014

With p11p you can make a morph and save it and it's a usable dial morph...

the object with a dial CAN be saved... I had a friend test that fact... but with my bedroll, I EXPORTED it, as a whole, imported it as an object....THEN the new dial was not there... but just saving the new prop to the library retains the dial in 2014. :)