• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Geographic Dawn????

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
can Dawn be geographed so she can get a tail or digigrade feet? Or are the feet better with morphs?
How about make Dawn a cyclops or give her a third eye?
I think my night medicine makes me loopy. If I can make geography for Dawn, is it possible to convert them to Dusk or Luna so I can make a whole family of cyclops?

Also if I make it work will it work in both software?

Semicharm

Eager
Geografts are DS only...poser iirc uses alternate geometry but I don't know how that works...
Poser's alternate geometry is similar to Daz's geografting, except it swaps the geometry of the entire body part (ie Hip or lFoot). The downside to Poser's older solution is that the original body morphs usually were not compatible with the replacement geometry and couldn't easily be transferred to it. Also, the alternate geometry channel(s) couldn't be injected or "graphed" onto an existing figure. They had to be embedded in the original figure file to work properly.

Previous versions of DS used to support this, but was probably dropped because it was no longer compatible with the "unimesh" geometry system they created for Genesis. I think DS actually converts everything to unimesh internally. That's also why Poser PMD morph injections no longer work in new versions of DS, not even with older Poser figures that used them.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Huh...interesting Semicharm...I knew they worked quite differently but didnt know exactly how. Thanks for the info...

ben

Inspired
Poser's alternate geometry is similar to Daz's geografting, except it swaps the geometry of the entire body part (ie Hip or lFoot). The downside to Poser's older solution is that the original body morphs usually were not compatible with the replacement geometry and couldn't easily be transferred to it. Also, the alternate geometry channel(s) couldn't be injected or "graphed" onto an existing figure. They had to be embedded in the original figure file to work properly.

Previous versions of DS used to support this, but was probably dropped because it was no longer compatible with the "unimesh" geometry system they created for Genesis. I think DS actually converts everything to unimesh internally. That's also why Poser PMD morph injections no longer work in new versions of DS, not even with older Poser figures that used them.

The Poser Geometry swapping does work again in Daz Studio 4.9

It didn't as Daz Broke it a couple of time in Ds 3 and 4 -
I spent months filling in bug reports and uploading log files trying to to get them to fix support for Michael 2 and products like the Changing Fantasy Suit for Vicky and Michael - with a couple of other customers we got it fixed in the end - When DS 5 comes out I probably wouldn't count on it working though

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I wish my brain wasn't so old as I'd love to learn this. My Pan project for Dusk I created digitigrade legs for him with nice hooves and would have LOVED to "solder" those on to him. I tried making them a conformer and that was a disaster so for now I'm stuck with just parenting them to his hip and turning off all his lower body bits to make it look right.

Semicharm

Eager
The Poser Geometry swapping does work again in Daz Studio 4.9

It didn't as Daz Broke it a couple of time in Ds 3 and 4 -
I spent months filling in bug reports and uploading log files trying to to get them to fix support for Michael 2 and products like the Changing Fantasy Suit for Vicky and Michael - with a couple of other customers we got it fixed in the end - When DS 5 comes out I probably wouldn't count on it working though
It seems to work now for figures that used the old Poser gens toggle option. In others I've tried so far, the geomChan channel options show up, but none of them work. shrug It's at least progress.

ben

Inspired
It seems to work now for figures that used the old Poser gens toggle option. In others I've tried so far, the geomChan channel options show up, but none of them work. shrug It's at least progress.

Hmm. I can only remember a few items that used the geometry swapping - Michaels genitals, Michael and Victorias' Changing Fantasy Suit and an old Changing Hair of some description most by Anton - and a swappable necklace by - sigh I've forgotten his name - think he has a dancing fox as his avatar.

I did try Michael 2 this week so I know he still works and I just tried Michaels' Changing Fantasy Suit and that does still work in Daz Studio -
not all the items have swappable geometry and some bits have to be hidden if you don't want to use them but that's how it always worked.
I'm surprised a lot of the old content still works to be honest.

Yes, the DS version of Dawn can have geografts, and I'd love to know how to do the alternate geometry in Poser, since I just finished installing Poser 11 on this PC. It would be useful for my Dawn based figure.

ben

Inspired
Didn't some of Nursoda's figures use alternate geometry also?

Not sure about Nursodas' figures - but you did remind me that Smays' Gosha uses alternate geometry for his genitals - he always reminds me of Crazy Frog when they're loaded lol