• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

FlowScape 1.4 (1.4c actually) now available

robert952

Brilliant
If this is inappropriate location or thread, a mod can adjust or delete.

I know its not directly Hive3D oriented. I am just passing the news along. I have no vested interest in the software other than I like it and I see its potential for an artist's tool box.

The latest version of FlowScape allows importing objects which adds a lot of potential for images. You can now populate the image with people and other objects (not just animals, creatures, and items from the software's internal library.) This version also includes point lights that have an adjustable fall off (scaling the light source). There's additional improvements on terrain sculpting and terrain painting; improved save function with more slots.

I haven't personally played with the import function, but what others have done looks impressive. There are apparently some nuances with textures importing with the objects. Other additions: improvements to terrain sculpting and terrain painting (including paths/trails added to previous releases). Additional features include more objects and sky domes and more controls on lighting and fog effect. (While it's been available for several versions, you can save a 360 degree image of your creation.) The images created still include the 'ortho view' (top down) that online DnD and RPG gamers use.

Here's link to reddit page if you want to find more details, version history and viewpoints from users (and to peruse images created with the FlowScape): r/FlowScape
To see my work with the earlier versions (many just my 'sandbox' playing around): FlowScape Collection by robert952 on DeviantArt
Here's the itch.co link if you care to purchase: FlowScape by PixelForest ($10.00 US - While I understand budget constraints, IMO well worth the price.)
Soon to be available at STEAM.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I love to play with FlowScape. I haven't tried the Import, yet, either. NapalmArsenal used FlowScape for some backgrounds recently. It's a versatile little program.

robert952

Brilliant
I like FlowScape from a stand point that at 8PM I can start an image and take it through post work and have (IMO) a decent piece of work by bed time - around 11PM for me. The one I posted over at DA call Emera Lighthouse 2 was one such image. Or if I have less time, I can play with composition and image concepts in an hour or so (Crossing the ba(r)).

One person I 'chat with' (if you can call forum threads a chat) indicates that the .obj and .mtl files just have to be in the same folder. Other than that, he says it's easy to use. (But, hey, easy is also related to skill sets.)

Where are Napalm's images you mentioned posted?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I haven't downloaded the latest version yet (the mac versions usually needs to be fussed with more/rewrite permissions etc to make them work) but I used Flowscape backgrounds I made, in my Red Stag (most of them) and Red Stag LAMH presets (first image) product imagery to save time/energy. It's a fun little program.

skylab

Esteemed
I didn't want to impose by posting a lot of information here, but if anyone is interested, I've posted YouTube demonstrations as well as my own system requirement tests in my chat thread, for new users or those unfamiliar with FlowScape. Thanks again for sharing this here :)

:coding: