• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Feedback comment

eclark1894

Visionary
I just want to let both Chris and Lisa know that I've been a Poser user since version 2. I remember when DAZ first got started, and Vicky 1 first came out. I remember the Dancing Baby you did Chris, although admittedly I did not know it was you who had done it at the time. I remember the "Freebie of the week" from DAZ. I said all that to let you know that I've been playing with Poser for a long, long time. In all that time I don't remember ever communicating with Chris or Lisa over the years. So I find it particularly gratifying that ever since Hivewire was started up, I feel like I've had both Chris' and Lisa's ear if I wanted to let them know something. I STILL don't know who owns Renderosity, and don't believe I've ever had a word with them. Wouldn't know if I had. At any rate, I just want to let you both know, that I really appreciate you keeping us all in the loop like you do.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yay for the Hive team!
I haven't been doing this long, but having visited other forums I'm please to call this one home, and can already tell I would have the same feelings as you Earl if I had been at it a long time.

Hornet3d

Wise
I just want to let both Chris and Lisa know that I've been a Poser user since version 2. I remember when DAZ first got started, and Vicky 1 first came out. I remember the Dancing Baby you did Chris, although admittedly I did not know it was you who had done it at the time. I remember the "Freebie of the week" from DAZ. I said all that to let you know that I've been playing with Poser for a long, long time. In all that time I don't remember ever communicating with Chris or Lisa over the years. So I find it particularly gratifying that ever since Hivewire was started up, I feel like I've had both Chris' and Lisa's ear if I wanted to let them know something. I STILL don't know who owns Renderosity, and don't believe I've ever had a word with them. Wouldn't know if I had. At any rate, I just want to let you both know, that I really appreciate you keeping us all in the loop like you do.

I agree, it is nice that I know the people behind the company and their closeness is a large factor in making Hivewire seem very much like home.

I only go back as far as the end of 2004, my Daz order history showing that I had download the Daz Studio beta and then spent on what must have been a small fortune for me then on Bryce 5 Hi Bandwidth, Platinum Club Membership, V3 base, Aiko base and other content. V3 appears to have cost me $29.95 but the order shows the full price was $39.95.

Like you I was not aware of Chris and Lisa, or any of the rest of the Daz team, but then I was not that sure just what I had got myself into. It is only in the last few years I have discovered Chris and Lisa are responsible for me spending many thousands of dollars in the intervening years :). I have had a lot of fun along the way so they are responsible for that as well and I have really learnt a great deal along the way.

I don't have any renders from 2004 but I did start playing with it to produce some Christmas Cards in 2005.

Angel_Frame.jpg

David_Santa_And_Sleigh.jpg

And in 2007 I started my first character

Scorpion_Bat.jpg

I really like the fact that I started out with figures from the company Christ and others started and so many years on I am using one of Chris's figures as my main character. It is almost as though I have been on a journey and only recently discovered Chris and Lisa as companions and that I have been privileged to be a vary small part of their much bigger journey.

eclark1894

Visionary
You know, I mentioned the Dancing Baby in my OP, and it dawned on me that some of you may not know what I'm talking about. It became so popular it was featured on a tv show called Allie McBeal. And so in a total effort to get Chris to blush, ladies and gentlemen, Chris Creek's Dancing Baby!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This is the same way I feel. HiveWire's forum is the only one I've ever participated in! So thank you to everyone at HiveWire for making this feel like home!

Last edited:

James R.

Busy Bee
You know, I mentioned the Dancing Baby in my OP, and it dawned on me that some of you may not know what I'm talking about. It became so popular it was featured on a tv show called Allie McBeal. And so in a total effort to get Chris to blush, ladies and gentlemen, Chris Creek's Dancing Baby!

Wow, flashback time. I remember when the Dancing Baby was everywhere.