• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

FBX Exporting

Hello everyone!! How are youuu?
Friends, i don't know if someone already had this problem but here goes:
I'm exporting a model to FBX on DAZ STUDIO. The model is exported, but i have a error message when i try to import it in another program as 3D MAX.

So, if i try to re-import the exported model on DAZ, it gaves a error:
Transform differences: non uniform scale detected.
Results will likely be different do that some parts "attached"
And some parts of the model upside down like this image:

Example1.jpg

Anyone already had this problem?
Thanks!!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Guaiamustudio -

I moved this over to the DS forum -not sure if it's the best place but hopefully someone will see it and can help!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just looking at it...the tail appears to be an attachment of some sort. I haven't used fbx but if they are separate have you tried exporting as separate parts?

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Out of curiosity have you tired exporting a different model to FBX and seeing if similar things happen? I'm asking because I'm having some issues exporting some stuff out of DS into a .cr2 file, but it's a specific item I'm having trouble with. My issue has to be with the geometry not getting correctly grouped to the skeleton, and even though we are dealing with different file types, it might be a similar issue because looking at your image of what you get when you bring it back into DS, there doesn't seem to be any skeleton for the parts that have fallen off (the tail and claws).