• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Face Gen for Hivewire figures

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I wouldn't know about that as I don't know anyone who sells there that well, but I suppose it isn't surprising...I don't think that I would ever want to sell through there then...not that I'm likely to have anything that they would ever accept.

scatha

Adventurous
Any product submitted to them for brokerage cannot be offered elsewhere for sale. But there's more and that's the biggest reason why I'd never want to become a vendor (PA) there.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Remember back in the day when AprilYSH would include fits for Apollo and other non DAZ figures for her hair props? Yea, those days are long gone. I understand DAZ being a business but sheesh, cut off your nose despite your face at time with their policies! lol

scatha

Adventurous
@RAMWolff
Aye, I recall those days. But the truth is that daz tries to leveredge both their clients and vendors into doing what they want.... daz' PA's are contractually 'forbidden' to say anything bad about the company...and I read a clause that it's up to DAZ to determine which products will be returned to you in case you try to break off the contract. (likely meaning they'll refuse to return your best selling stuff).
I cannot even let DAZ' DM go online, without it automatically trying to install 4.9 and overwriting my 4.8 version (which also overwrites the 4.8 installer) and it'll do it without me doing anything.

And they have the gall to get mad at you for stating that they cannot be trusted. (I got banned for a year).

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I think there is a way around the forcible download thing.. just select all of the DAZ 4.9 installers and hide them. Never had a version being forced on me in any case. If that doesn't work just make sure each time you start up DIM that you uncheck those files. Can't install what's unchecked.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've had it overwrite the previous version before, now I copy the zip into a backup folder so if I need to go to a previous version I can (just copy the zip back)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I've had that happen too Rae...I uninstalled recently because I was having problems and then couldn't reinstall because it had vanished despite not having downloaded the latest version so you need to be really careful.

scatha

Adventurous
heh... and they told me this wasn't possible... wonder why I told them they can't be trusted? ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Well I didn't think it was. I thought I was safe because I hadn't downloaded the new version but the version I uninstalled just disappeared from DIM and when I went to the place I actually save the files to through DIM it wasn't there. I wouldn't have believed it if it hadn't happened to me.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Do you have "Delete package once installed" unchecked?
And what can I say? I was not paranoid when put DIM downloads under version control.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Its only ever done it to the Daz Studio program itself. I guess its a way of keeping you updated but like I said I always do a separate backup now of the that zip just in case :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No, I've always saved the files and I haven't changed it. So unless one of the updates to DIM changed my settings it should be okay. Now I'm going to check that it hasn't been changed, I never thought of that. You don't expect updates to change the settings.