• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Exporting FBX from DAZ, rig comes out messed up in Blender?

When I export an FBX file from DAZ 3D and open the FBX file in Blender, the model's rig comes out all messed up. Why? How can I fix it?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place, by the way, I'm new!)

So I watched this video:

I actually have Blender version 2.79, but seemingly that doesn't affect the process the video is explaining.

I followed along with the video's instructions, so now all of the bones are in the correct places, but they still don't move the character.

How can I fix this? Does it have to do with the version of Blender that I'm using?

Also, any other suggestions to fix this problem are obviously welcome.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums. I'm also using Blender 2.79, but unfortunately am not familiar with the FBX format.

If no one else can help you here, I can recommend the Blender forum at Renderosity, as the folks over there have helped me out a time or two. They are very knowledgeable about all things Blender. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I see you've already posted there, and the forum's moderator, Lobo, has responded. :)