• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Egyptian Waterlilies

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh those are lovely, but I can't say as I've ever seen any 3D versions. Maybe Lisa can put it on her to-do list. :)

I don't know if this is the exact species that you want but it has materials for several different colors and I thought that it rendered really well. Peaceful Waiting 3D Models vikike176 I have a render with it on my deviant art page but the render includes nudity and is in black and white so I won't link it.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Oh those are lovely, but I can't say as I've ever seen any 3D versions. Maybe Lisa can put it on her to-do list. :)
That would be nice. :)

I don't know if this is the exact species that you want but it has materials for several different colors and I thought that it rendered really well. Peaceful Waiting 3D Models vikike176 I have a render with it on my deviant art page but the render includes nudity and is in black and white so I won't link it.
Those are lovely, and could easily work for both. Thank you! :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Anyone know where I can find either an Egyptian blue lotus (Nymphaea caerulea) and/or an Egyptian white lotus (Nymphaea lotus)? I've looked quite extensively, but the only things I've found are expensive models are Turbosquid. :(
Actually, you could probably make something like that from Lisa's existing water lilies, but would take some good photo mats and a transmap. ............ Humm .......... that might be something to think about in the future. I could probably do it, but depends on what kind of structure she has set up on the flower.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Funny you should suggest that NA, as I was looking at that set just the other day. :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL! =) It's a nice little module there.

I will probably grab because it's on sale atm. We have an arboretum where I live that has koi ponds ......... and waterlilies............ so def might be something in the future.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Actually, you could probably make something like that from Lisa's existing water lilies, but would take some good photo mats and a transmap. ............ Humm .......... that might be something to think about in the future. I could probably do it, but depends on what kind of structure she has set up on the flower.

Yeah, I have that set from way back when it was a Platinum Club product at DAZ, and it was what I was planning on using if I couldn't find anything closer. The lilies that come with ThorneWorks' Psyche outfit are really lovely, but they look more like a sacred lotus (Nelumbo nucifera), which is what I'd guess is what the lilies from pond life are as well, though the petal shape seems a little different.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
It should be a fairly easy petal transmap, but with the Egyptian Blue you might need to transmap out the bottom petal layer. Something I will mull over for sure!

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Oooh!!! Nice set there too!! Love those giant lily pads!

The giant lily pads are from the Amazon. It's an older set which was released to help support my Jacanas bird set (Jacanas are also known as lily-trotters). I did take a brief look at the set before posting and I think it could benefit from a few more morphs and maybe updating the materials to 2016 expectations. I'm sure I can make the saw tooth morph more pronounced and add a thinner petal morph to emulate those Egyptian lilies. I'm already seriously underwater in trying to get my bird sets ready for my upcoming Audubon event, but I'll try to squeeze in some updates soon and have them posted on my website (and eventually in the Hivewire product files).

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
As someone who grew up around water gardens and waterplants, I did a quick render for you.

The plant on the right is a "true" Lotus. This was put out by Deerpath years ago at RDNA. The water lily (nymphaea sp.) in the center rear from LisaB's Pond Plants is what you will more likely see in a yard water garden. The pads float on the surface and the flowers are raised just slightly above the surface. In the center front is Ken's Amazonia lily.These are amazing specimens in the water world with sharp spikes around every part of the plant, including the flower and flower seeds after the plant blooms.

The amazonia is massive and the mature pads can bear the weight of a full grown human being.

The Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) is the species of lotus sacred to both Hindus and Buddhists and all parts of the plant are edible, and some consider them medicinal.

If you come across a true lotus leaf, put a few drops of water in a leaf that looks like an inverted umbrella and watch closely - it will "boil" because the stems are hollow and deliver oxygen to the root of the plant.
WaterPlants.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, huh. Over in FastGrab at DAZ today I see one if Ignus Serpens's fantasy sets. The one with the snake portals. One of these is the Egyptian Water Portal, complete with Egyptian Lotus. Don't know for sure if they are accurate, but they are shown reasonably closely in one of the promos, so you could check. Or check her store and wishlist if it gets pulled out of FastGrab before you find it.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Thanks for the heads up; I check DAZ about once or twice a month these days. Those look fantastic! I'll have to keep my eye on those for the next time they go on sale.