• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ears misbehaving with Draft Horse morph

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Does anyone else have this strangeness? I'm posting two renders, identical settings on the ears, with (left) and without (right) the draft horse morph applied.

draft ears.png base ears.png
With the draft morph applied, the ear base is stretched backwards. I haven't spotted a product update from my version, but wondered if this was just me or does everyone have this happening to them?

*Just checked the other breeds, and the Mustang and Quarter Horse are doing something strange as well. The others all look normal with this same pose.
mustang ears.png(Mustang)
quarter horse ears.png (Quarter horse)

In every case, all the other breed morphs have been set to zero and no other settings have been altered.

Further info: The morphs were applied as injection morphs to the base horse.

Last edited:

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
...further additions: I do not see this issue if I load the model as a fresh document using 'load all'. I use Poser 11 64.

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks HaiGan, We will check this and get back to you.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Huh... I am using Poser 11 a lot more now too and have not ever had that happen... I just even tried it in P11 - loaded base Harry, INJ the Draft morph and then started playing with the ears. They were fine... Not sure what is happening for you. Are you loading base Harry, then applying a pose and then the Draft INJ? Are you using Limits? I then tried in several various orders with no issues. It makes me wonder if something isn't right with your install of Harry and/or the breeds?

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I just tested in Poser 11 64, and in pro 2014 64, I tried loading the base horse, then injected the breeds one at a time starting with Draft, testing each one with the neck arch and ear right back dials. I can not duplicate these issues.

We will get this figured out though. You do say that the load all works ok with the INJ morphs. It sounds like something may not be quite right in the folders? Are you switching Runtime directories during the process? Perhaps a step by step so that I can follow along exactly? Maybe try re-installing the horse and your breeds just to be sure.

Please let us know if you have anymore info so we can better help you get this working. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Were you able to duplicate the problem at all after closing and relaunching Poser?

I've had weird stuff like that happen (including Dawn, Dusk, Harry gumbies), but after closing Poser and relaunching, I couldn't reproduce the problem.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Will take a look when I'm back at my own computer, probably tomorrow, see if I can pin down the exact circumstances.