• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dusk looking weird in Poser

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hi,

I think this has been discussed before but I forget what the fix was but when I loaded up Dusk in Poser (11, up to date) you can see all the seams for where his maps all meet like there is an offset of some sort. As I mentioned, this was discussed and a solution was offered and it worked. Now that I'm working in Poser more than DAZ Studio I gotta get this fixed so I can do some work on the old boy.

Dusking Looking Weird.png

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yeah Dusk SE looks odd in preview mode but renders just fine in Firefly. I don't see any Superfly MATs for him? I don't know if those ever got added/updated or not.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well now that it looks like August before I can get back into a salon. I'm working on a character for L'Homme and I think I'm going to get my Tina and Tommy brought over to Dusk and Dawn for Poser. I'm curious, if you know.... do you know if the old mats will fit Dawn 2.0 and hopefully Dusk 2.0?

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
The odd look in preview has to do with Preview render settings - whether you are using OGL or Sreed, whether Hardware Acceleration is supported and active, etc... Try tinkering with those settings to see if changing any of they affects or corrects the issue.
NOTE - I do not have P11 running, but in earlier versions of Poser I have noticed that changing these settings may fix a problem in one session only to have it cause a different problem or the same problem in a later session and need to be set back. I reported this many times to the previous owners but was always dismissed - so I have chocked it up to one of the many bugs SM built into the program and did not intend to fix. Rendo/Bondware may handle it better.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
The preview is because of the settings on the normal maps on Dusk. Using normal maps in Poser is on/off, 0 or 1 only. The normal maps on all his skin settings are set to 0.1xxx which is what is causing the abnormal display. Just change all the skin settings to Gradient Bump 1.00 and re-save the figure. That will resolve the issue.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I've had some strange renders when I have maps plugged into the Gradient Bump channel. Any tricks to get that to behave as expected? Also is that the only channel used for Normal Maps?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I've had some strange renders when I have maps plugged into the Gradient Bump channel. Any tricks to get that to behave as expected? Also is that the only channel used for Normal Maps?

You actually control the amount of bump/normal use by your map. Be certain you have it set to Gradient Bump 1, Tangent Space Normal Map:

NormalSettings.jpg