• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

DS morph question

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
If you have saved the morph previously I would remove the data files for it while you have the morph loaded and resave the morph as I've sometimes found it does strange things if you resave over the top of a morph that has already been saved.

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
I still don't know how to 'save' a morph after I have tweaked it.

I agree Pen, that may be part of my problem. I noticed that even when I made changes and tweaks I got the same results. I then tried saving to a different folder in the data folder and it worked. It's as though DS has a 'memory' and does what it wants.

If you could share how to save the morphs I will owe you :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Load the tweaked morph or make sure you have an object file that you can load using morph loader.

Remove the dsf file for that morph only from the data files.

Set the new tweaked morph to zero and go to file/Save as/Support asset/Morph

A dialogue box will pop up which should list the heirarchy of the outfit e.g. Actor/Morphs or however you have your outfit set up. Locate your morph and tick the box. Click ok.

Should be as simple as that...if you go to the data file the morph should now have a dsf file.

If you need pictures I can do it but it will need to wait until the weekend...I think it's best to remove the previous saved file as DS will refer back to it if there are even minor differences like location in the parameters tabs. The only other way is to edit the file in a notepad if you want to do simple things like change the location in the parameters tabs. If you have more extensive tweaking removing and resaving is the only thing I've found to work. Also if any testers have the earlier files make sure they remove them and reinstall it. Hope this makes sense...

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
Thank you again. I think I need to remember to remove the data folder .dsf morph file. Probably where I'm going wrong.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Possibly just make sure you still have the object file or the morph already loaded.