• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dog Collar and Frisbee for the HW Dog.

eclark1894

Visionary
Uploaded to Sharecg. It's been awhile since I've even tried, so I'm telling everyone to be careful with this one. Basically, it's just two object files and two Poser pp2 files. But like I said its been awhile since I've uploaded anything and given it way for free. I'll work on that.

Dog Stuff for the HivewireDog - Poser - ShareCG

Comet.png

Frisbee.png
And a frisbee.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, a few things you might consider. What I would've done was create an EClark1894 folder for the Geometries folder, and make 2 separate subfolders, one for the Dog Collar and one for the Frisbee. You don't HAVE to do that, as anything else you create can also go in the same folder. Since folks don't access the Geometries folder directly, it's not as essential, so just a suggestion. It seems you used folder names from the HiveWire setup, so folks who download this from ShareCG, and who aren't regular members here, are going to wonder what those folder names mean.

As far as the Props folder goes, I, again, created a folder called EClark1894, and placed the .pp2, .png and .xmp files inside. In this case I made 2 separate folders, one for the dog collar and one for the frisbee. Doing that allows you to name the folders fully, IOW, Dog Collar For The HiveWire Big Dog, and Frisbee For The HiveWire Big Dog. I realize the Frisbee can be used with any dog, but you made it with the HW Big Dog in mind. Doing this, of course, would mean you'd have to edit the path in the .pp2 files to direct the call to the separate folders, if that's the direction you decide to go in, but definitely to the EClark1894 folder, and not just the general Props folder. Oh, and I don't think you need to include the .xmp files, as I'm pretty sure Poser recreates them automatically.

EDITED TO ADD: I just realized something . . . these are props, so I don't think there IS a path to the .obj files in the .pp2 files, so ignore my comment above about changing the path. That's true for .cr2 files. In fact, I'm not sure the .obj files are needed at all. I'll test that theory to be sure and get back to you.

The only other thing I'd recommend is to name the ReadMe file for the Dog Collar and Frisbee. I made a separate folder for you so I can add any further ReadMes for your future products, but if you don't want to do that, just editing the name of the ReadMe file itself will work. The only time a separate vendor folder is needed is when there are lots of products, so maybe down the road it might be essential, but not necessary right now. ReadMe files aren't directly accessed through Poser, so not that necessary to be in separate vendor folders. It's just easier for folks to find them if they want to read the ReadMe file, or if at some point you need to include a tutorial in .pdf format.

Oh and once you're ready to zip it all up, go through and delete all the empty folders, as they're not necessary, and just take up room in the zip.

Hope that helps some.

Jan

Adventurous
Apart from what Miss B wrote, which is what I did with my files for I always install manually anyway. If using PP2014 - adding the collar throws the error file "The file has a newer version number than expected. poser will attempt to read it anyway" which means editing the pp2. It accepts it anyway.

It seems you have the collar parented to the neck, but that does not follow the dog in a pose. I parented mine to Neck2 and that worked in a pose. I also just used some Poser materials to change the collar in this image.
PlayingWithFrisbie1a.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes Jan, I think he set it up for P11/PP11. Changing the version to 10 will fix that for sure. Thanks for the pointer about parenting it to Neck 2, as that will be helpful as well.

Edited to Add: OK, I just loaded the Dog Collar, and it's parented to Neck 3, not Neck, but I'll check out a few poses with it as is, and then with Neck 2 to see which is better.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I think I'll be playing with the Materials for the metal pieces, because the CyclesSurface root node doesn't work for FireFly renders. In SuperFly, they render fine.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I played with the PoserSurface node for FireFly renders of the Dog Collar, and I found a problem. I was able to duplicate the Buckle and Ring very easily, but even though I tried duplicating the material setup for the Ring, and applied it to the Tag, the Tag kept rendering flat white.

Now I just had a thought and tried it out, and it seems the Tag is twisted around so the front of the Tag, which renders with some shine, is on backwards, so the shiny side is facing the HW Big Dog's neck.

Earl, if you can fix that, it would be great.

Meanwhile, for those who want to render in Firefly, here are a couple of screenshots of the adjusted materials for the Buckle and the Ring.

First the Buckle

BuckleMatSetup.jpg

Second the Ring

RingMatSetup.jpg

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Maybe the tag is one sided so the back side doesn't take a material. I've dealt with capes and other stuff that the inside won't take a material because the obj is only meant to be seen from the outside. Not sure this is the case but it might be.

eclark1894

Visionary
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have read your posts, but have not had another chance to investigate or correct any of the problems you noticed. I've either been working or asleep... literally.

Miss B

CV-BEE
There's no rush. We just wanted you to be aware is all. We'll wait until you can make any adjustments.