• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Does this happen to anyone else with the forum?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Seems lately that when I visit some topics I'm sent to the very first post instead of the last read post.. I know I've read the post before but I still get kicked back to the very first post..

has happened several times now over the last few weeks, latest just a few minutes ago. Before that was yesterday... etc...

anyone else noticing this glitch in the forum? :inverted:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
just happened again..... weird! o_O o_O

1573176370699.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I've been seeing that for a while now. Not sure if it started with the last forum update, or one of the more recent updates to my Firefox browser, but yes I have to page down to the last post, and then scroll up to make sure the last post is the only one I haven't seen.

The only way I get right to the last post is by clicking on the link to the right, but then I never know what else in that forum I may have missed, so I prefer to click on the forum link instead to see what's new.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It may be a browser issue since I'm not experiencing it in Chrome. If a forum update caused it, I'd think it would affect everyone regardless of browser.

I've had that happen once in a while, but usually when it's happened, it's a topic that had been unchanged for quite a while.

I always click New Posts, and click on each topic with a new post. Sometimes, I right click each new topic and open each one in a new tab, so I have each topic with new posts in separate tabs, then close each tab as I've read it. I find it's faster to do that then to go into the topic, read the posts, use the browser back arrow to return to the list or scroll back to the top (or click the up button) and click New Posts again.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I use chrome & Edge browsers... same on both.

I think it has been happening since the forum update.... gremlins!! :alien:

glad it's not just wacky me :happydance:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmm, I wonder if Lisa's noticed it. I'm not sure what browser she uses, but if so many of us using different browsers are seeing it, it's possible she has as well. Not sure if here's a setup in the forum software to fix this.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I haven't seen that, but I have had a different issue. Sometimes I'll look at the forums to see what's bold (indicating new posts) and I'll see a thread that I'm following, but I don't have a notification for it. And sure enough, there is a new post. sometimes it happens with the Today's Weather Where You Live thread. Sometimes with other threads.

Dana

Willowisp

Adventurous
Happens to me if it is a thread I haven't visited in a while. I just click 'jump to new' and I'm back where I should be.
I always go to threads from the 'new posts' function.
Waterfox browser here.

McGyver

Energetic
I know this is an old thread, but yes, that happens often... at first I thought it was me, because I’m usually on an iPad and I have stupid sausage fingers, but after it happened a few times I said to myself “Whoa there, Mr. pokie sausage fingers, slow down...” and made sure I poked the exact spot... and it did what you said.
In retrospect I probably shouldn’t have replaced my fingers with stupid sausages, but they taste so good and I always have something to nibble on...
But yes... I have the same problem too.
And the sausage fingers problem too...