• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Does Daz Studio have a way to hide parts of the figure?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Poser has a pose that can be applied that will hide parts of the figure. Is there anything like this for DS?

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Yes.
You can click on the eye in the scene tab,

Attachments

• hideparts.JPG
    hideparts.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 281

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I also have a few hide parts pose presets, I find that old one work on later figures I've got a set from AS (Scorpio Rising) that has hide parts presets for I think V3 possible V4, but the presets work on G8.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I'm not sure what you mean by template, if you want to go the route of using mat files to hide portions then that is slightly more involved, and you will need the figure templates to create the trans maps needed. Which figure do you want to do this for?
The pose presets are just that, they close the eye hiding the part, they are especially usefull when dealing with the hands as they close all the eyes connected to the fingers which is quicker than doing it manually. If you want to create presets yourself, hide the figure part and save as a pose preset - this should work.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's for the HiveWire Housecat. I want to hide the ears. I know in Poser there's a real easy script that hides them. Just trying to do this product for both Poser and DS. If you say it's easier to do it manually in DS I'll just put that in the read me.

Attachments

• safari.jpg
    safari.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 231

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
If you hide the ears using the scene tab eye you will get a large holw where the ear is, scaling each ear may be a better solution.
Geographing is another solution for DS.

esha

Admirable
Contributing Artist
It's called Geografting but it's a bit more complicated.
If you can live with the hole because it's covered by the mane anyway all you need is a properties preset:

Hide the ears using the eye symbol in the scene tab.
Then go to File - Save As - Properties Preset
Uncheck the tabs for Shaping, Pose and Mat, activate it for "Other"
Uncheck everything except Display - Visible
Click Accept