• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Do you prefer your library to open as a seperate Window or Program?

Do You Prefer Your Library to Open as a Separate Program or a Separate Window?

• Total voters

eclark1894

Visionary
People often have a different preference for what and how Poser or DS does different functions such as the library. For the longest time, Poser's library opened as a separate window in the program. Then, it opened as a separate program. Now, it's back as a window.

So which do you prefer to use, a library that exists as part of the whole Poser or Daz Studio program or one that exists as a program all on it's own?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
As I posted on the SM Poser forum, up until PP11, I always left the Library as is within the app, but since the Library needs some tweaking to work properly, I've taken to opening the Library in my browser, and it works better. It's no longer quirky, and I have the whole width of my monitor so I don't have to scroll down long lists in some Library folders because I only have room to view one or two folder icons on a line at a time. Now I can see 4 or 5 (or more) across, and it's not quirky any more. :D

I haven't tried this with Poser 9 yet, but I may just try it to see if it works on older Poser versions as well.

Hornet3d

Wise
I use the ShaderWorks Library Manager opened in a separate window on a second monitor. It shares the second monitor with a bank of Poser and Netherworks utilities. This leaves the first monitor almost clear for the Poser preview. The only utilities that share the main monitor is Netherworks camera + panel (which runs as a strip above the preview window) and occasionally, when I am starting to build the scene, ShaderWorks Figure Manager windows such as Figure, Props and Lights. I have used this set up for so long now I would be lost if I had to change.

McGyver

Energetic
Docked... I've had major freak outs when there have been issues where I couldn't dock it because of that stupid flash "unsupported pluggin" nonsense.
The worst part is it always happens when I'm busy, and I fail to make a note about what I have to do to resolve it and I end up having to look it up again.
I know it's smaller when docked, but I like that it's right there... I don't use any library management software, just what is built into Poser, so if it's floating free, it is either getting in my way, or drops in back of the full screen view and that is just as distracting.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Docked too here. With the Hierarchy Editor docked to the right, and Camera, Light Controls, and Properties docked to the left (Camera above Light Controls above Properties).

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
If I had a second monitor, I'd probably prefer the separate program method, because I've tried in the past, and in theory liked it. But I also like having my library there when I want it. I've got a couple UI dots set up with my favorite setup both with and without the library visible, but even so most of the time I like to have it there off to the side.