• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Deleting unwanted morphs

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hi,

Is there a way to delete unwanted morphs in groups or a batch? I'm using Poser 11 Pro. I brought Bruno over today into Poser, got his very very basic skin set up (need to ask some questions about that but for now....). So what came over are ALL of the morphs including Hivewire, Sparky, ... yea all of them. I worked for like an hour to delete all the face morphs but still have the body morphs to do and thought "there has to be a faster way to do this" All I want saved are my Bruno (many of those), TommyT, David and Anthony morphs.

Thanks so much

Richard

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Quick answer no. At least not without a script. I do know of one that will do that however (inserting shameless plug here :whistling:) RandomHive - A Gadget Girl Games Creation at HiveWire3D
I have a helper script that comes with that called MorphCleanBot. It can either get rid of all morphs, or ones that don't have a value of zero. So even if you only partially dialed in your Bruno, TommyT, David, and Anthony morphs you would be able to get rid of all the others.

That being said, it might have something to do with how you brought Bruno over from DS. I don't know DS well enough, but there might be a better way to bring over just the morphs you want, and not all the Dusk morphs you have.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks so much. I'll check out the link. Part of the reason I wanted to bring over Bruno is such a way was that I wanted a quick and dirty way of bringing over the maps too so this gave me both in one export. Took a while to set up the basic maps and yea, did get all those Hivewire and other morphs OUT of the CR2 by hand but now I'm wondering ..... how do I save this out as an injectable so the Poser users can add these to their Dusk figures? I imagine it's a PMD but not sure how to set that up. Just don't know enough about Poser as of yet.

Thanks again! :)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thanks so much. I'll check out the link. Part of the reason I wanted to bring over Bruno is such a way was that I wanted a quick and dirty way of bringing over the maps too so this gave me both in one export. Took a while to set up the basic maps and yea, did get all those Hivewire and other morphs OUT of the CR2 by hand but now I'm wondering ..... how do I save this out as an injectable so the Poser users can add these to their Dusk figures? I imagine it's a PMD but not sure how to set that up. Just don't know enough about Poser as of yet.

Thanks again! :)

First, let me say that Gadget Girl's script is wonderful.

Second, to get it to the INJ stage, I use Creator's Toybox. If you need help with Toybox (because you can't get it yet) I'll be happy to do the INJREM files for you.

Now, I think (I said THINK) that's one of the improvements to Poser11, too, however. I think you can create INJ/REM files right inside P11.

Perhaps you can post over at the SM forum and ask, or grab Ken from here who is far more knowledgeable about P11, than I am. Ken will likely know off the top of his head.
---------------
Edit to Add
OK, I found it on the Menu - File>Export>Morph Injection

Now, I have no idea how you use it, but I believe I am correct that you can do it right inside P11 now.

Hopefully, Ken can help you.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks so much. I'll experiment and if I run into issues I'll tip Ken on the shoulder! :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ockham has a python called "Zero morphs" and I use it after I create the morph I want (spawn morph) then use PhilC's pz3 editor to remove anything I don't want.
his site... Ockham's python

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, found a couple on his page I liked. There is one at the VERY bottom I think will be very useful!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
One way to export from DS to Poser with only the morphs you want is to go to the "data" folder in DS and move all the morphs you don't want to a temp folder. Another way is to export with binary morphs enabled, which will create a PMD file with all your morphs in it. Dimension3D has an excellent external tool called "PMD Editor" that lists all morphs and lets you delete the ones you don't want from the list - without having to mess with a bloated CR2. If you prefix your morph names with your brand, it makes it quite easy to locate them in morphs list. I find this approach less messy than the alternatives.

Poser Pro 11 has the new INJ exporter, but I think it's still rather crude, and it doesn't include a REM file. Instead, I prefer to create my injections using the same PMD Editor from D3D, or with the Creator's Toybox as mentioned above. Both do an excellent job and include both INJ and REM file creation options.

It's important to note that we MUST start with a BLANK figure before creating INJ/REM files in Poser to avoid undesired leftovers. This is much easier to accomplish if we use PMD files, for then no morphs will be on the CR2, and we can manage things with PMD Editor. That's why all my character morphs are PMD-based in Poser. It also allows other vendors to reference your PMD to create contents on top of it, but that's another story.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Funnily I purchased the PMD Editor but must have lost it along the way. Luckily 'Rosity allows for downloads of older products and got it back. Thanks Ken!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Then you have everything you need to create INJ/REM files. The only thing is to make sure you clean up the PMD to only include the morphs you want.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
And that ability, as you mentioned, is within the power of the PMD Editor so yea, I think I'm set to go. PMD's are written in code so this read the PMD's as like a text format or I would have hand edited them by hand myself.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
PMDs are binary files to store binary morphs - there is no way to edit them manually as text. PMD Editor allows you to remove the morphs you don't want and save it back to the PMD file for you. Once you have a clean PMD with only the morphs you want, PMD Editor can create the INJ and REM files for you. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Doesn't the Poser 11 export allow you to save just the morphs you want to? I could have sworn I did that recently with the Deidre morphs I'm making?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia It does, but it still can't create REM files, so it's only half a solution. PMD Editor can handle the whole 9 yards, so it's a better solution. The amount of work to delete the unwanted morphs is more or less the same as selecting the ones you want in the Poser INJ exporter, except the PMD Editor will also create the REM file in the same step, and offers a few more options, to include setting the group names.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I knew it couldnt do the REm's...i was talking about removing unwanted morphs from the injection.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I find it easier to create a separate runtime in DS and export the CR2 + PMD from there, so ONLY the morphs you have created will be included. :)