• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CR2 to .duf

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Is there a way to batch convert CR2's to duf files? Or am I stuck doing each one individually?
I have a lot of older content that only has Cr2's and I'd rather have every thing showing up in the one place than having to jump from one runtime to another.
I know everything will show up if you have it under Categories but it and I do not get one at all for some reason lol
Cheers

Szark

Awesome
In DS with the CR2 selected go to Edit > Figure > Rigging > Convert Figure to Prop and save it in a directory that is present in the Content Directory Manager (meaning a mapped content folder). I just tested it on a CR2 and saved as duf and loaded no problem.

Szark

Awesome
forgot to say after Converting figure to prop you need to save out the new prop as a duf. To do so go to Save As > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset. That will open a new dialogue box. I just left everything at default.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
In DS with the CR2 selected go to Edit > Figure > Rigging > Convert Figure to Prop and save it in a directory that is present in the Content Directory Manager (meaning a mapped content folder). I just tested it on a CR2 and saved as duf and loaded no problem.

I think Dreamer was referring to batch conversions, like a whole folder of CR2s to DUF in one pass. I only know how to convert a single one at a time, and even then, materials tend to be lost and need to be reworked afterwards. Another issue with going from CR2 to DUF is that all the master dials (ERCs) will be lost. The individual morphs are imported, but master dial connections are lost and need to be recreated manually afterwards, and depending on the number, this can be quite some work. This happens because Poser and DAZ Studio handle morphs and ERCs in completely different ways, making them incompatible.

As far as I know, there is no way around lost textures and master dials, and this is why most people will recommend (if you are creating new contents) going from DUF to CR2 instead.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I think Dreamer was referring to batch conversions, like a whole folder of CR2s to DUF in one pass. I only know how to convert a single one at a time, and even then, materials tend to be lost and need to be reworked afterwards. Another issue with going from CR2 to DUF is that all the master dials (ERCs) will be lost. The individual morphs are imported, but master dial connections are lost and need to be recreated manually afterwards, and depending on the number, this can be quite some work. This happens because Poser and DAZ Studio handle morphs and ERCs in completely different ways, making them incompatible.

As far as I know, there is no way around lost textures and master dials, and this is why most people will recommend (if you are creating new contents) going from DUF to CR2 instead.
Yeah Ken I was talking of batch converting. I am not worried too much about the texture issue as I will be needing to tweek those any way as a lot of it is really old stuff.
Any how since posting I have found that .cr2's (and probably other poser formats) don't show up in categories either but that with in DS I can create .duf link files for the stuff that isn't showing up and then it dose
Ugh I had forgotten about the master dial thing too

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Now that I think about it, you don't have to convert your existing CR2's to DUF at all. Just add your Poser runtime to the DS library and access them directly from there without any conversions! ^____^

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Now that I think about it, you don't have to convert your existing CR2's to DUF at all. Just add your Poser runtime to the DS library and access them directly from there without any conversions! ^____^
Yeah but that has me jumping between the poser style run time and the daz one, that is what I am wanting to get away from. I want to have every thing in the one place

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There isn't much we can do about Poser and DS having different runtime structures, but this was how I got to access all of my Poser and DS contents in DS - all from the same place, that was the idea. As far as I know, this is as good as it gets. Besides, converting files have restrictions, and takes more disk space. Not worth it in my experience. Poser and DS have become too incompatible these days. We have to convert a piece at a time, and spend some time on it to make it work reasonably well. Unless the contents are for legacy rigging, which works in Poser and DS, and we only have to fix the materials.

3dOutlaw

Hey Dreamer, there is another solution to this. I wanted to do exaclty the same as you did, so I made a product called Runtime Links for DS. It basically batch creates links in you DS Content folder to the stuff in your Runtime, so you never have to switch back and forth again. It can do thousands of items in a very short time. Also, you can pick and choose how you want to organize the links in your DS folders, etc. Later if you get more runtime stuf, you can run it again, but set the time/date to look for only new stuff, just to grab the updates. Anyway, a little bit of a shameless plug, but google "runtime links for ds" Feel free to PM me if you are interested, and I can drop a short sale on it for you. It's more of a problem solver than a money-maker anyway :)