• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Converted outfit not autofollowing

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
After spending over an hour on converting the antz pants so Zan can use them. I've struck a problem...that they're not autofollowing. It's driving me batty as I can't work out why. It was a manual convert to fix them with Dawn, and then Diva using Zbrush. Fits perfectly but it's not following despite using autofit and trying the transfer utility as well. It wants me to manually create the morphs. At least that's what happened with the diva one. Wouldn't autofollow until I loaded a custom morph...what am I missing! I don't currently have a smoothing modifier applied for collision but I would have thought the autofollow would do better than this.
antz pants dawn.jpg
antz pants diva.jpg
antz pants diva body bulk.jpg

Is this going to be a freebie? If so contact me and let me fiddle with it. I have been able to convert quite a feww of the Poser only outfits for use in Daz Studio.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi, thanks for the offer but I'd like to try and fix it myself. I have got it sort of working using a smoothing modifier for collision but I expected it to autofollow better than it did. The outfit I converted is legacy rigged and it has separate parts for the different groups which I think is what might have caused the issue.

I'm hoping that I will be able to release free morphs for these outfits but Lorraine and I are still working out the process for people to use. We did manage to get the morphs working on a k4 dress last night but it is slightly more complicated as the original files are legacy rigged and they need to be converted to triax to work with Dawn on Diva.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Regardless of the transfer utility you may have to still do a adjust rigging to shape, esp for such a drastic sizing difference hon!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It's not the rigging that was worrying me Ram but the mesh following the size. This was happening with an unposed figure. Even the bulk or other morphs weren't working properly. Generally clothing will use the rigging from the original Diva morph in Dawn automatically. I've never had to adjust rigging for clothing for her previously as it takes it from the original morph. Creating a custom morph fixed it for the Diva fit and using a smoothing modifier helped with other things...not sure why it was doing it though. I also noticed that with the autofit it's created separate morphs for each part of Dawn. So I think it's connected to the way the original clothing was set up as it's legacy rigging and would have been grouped.