• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Collect for output

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
H all.
Hope you all had a great holiday and wishing everyone a wonderful new year.
I was laying in bed awake but unwilling to get out from under the covers and my mind is racing.
If anyone here has worked in desktop publishing and is familiar with apps like Quark Express you might know what i am talking about.
There is a script/function in Quark Express called "COLLECT FOR OUTPUT" whereby the app actually goes out into your system and finds all the links you used to create your layout and copys them and drags those copies into a separate folder so when you finally save the Quark document you hava a complete file and all links to burn to CD and send to printer for printing.
I have always wished that function was also included in Poser. I magine hw cool it would be to be able to collect all the textures for a render and save them in a folder along with the .pz3 file (Poser file) so you have everything in one place for later use as needed.
Has anyone here ever thought of a need for that function as well?

English Bob

Adventurous
The collectsceneinventory script is what you need, I think. As the name suggests, it saves textures and external geometries that are used by a scene.

Edit: I meant to say, it's in Scripts / Utilities / CollectSceneInventory. In other words, you already have it!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Duh!? :(
How to feel stupid in one easy post.
Thank you sir.
BTW did not know you were still in the community. Good to see.
So...it collects the textures and does what with them?
What bout the .obj files for any .Cr2 in the scene? Does it collect them too?

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
It will do exactly as the name suggests. It will collect the entirety of the items used in a scene and drop them into a single folder. If you would rather; it will just list everything. There are also included scripts to list objs, materials,figures and most anything else you would wish. CollectSceneInventory is particularly useful if you render in another application.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The collectsceneinventory script is what you need, I think. As the name suggests, it saves textures and external geometries that are used by a scene.

Edit: I meant to say, it's in Scripts / Utilities / CollectSceneInventory. In other words, you already have it!
I've never thought about needing something like this, as I always render my Poser scenes in Poser, but it's good to know it's available.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Years ago before Poser was Smith Micro, I had to use collectsceneinventory to send my scene to whoever owned Poser at the time for them to troubleshoot a problem. I just never had another need for the script, but I can sure see how it would be helpful for someone far more organized than me. No need to keep old content just because it was used in a scene once, and you might need to render than scene again ... years from now.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Archiving agains digital destruction is all iportant. Once a "great image is created it would be cool and helpful to collect for out put later and archive the elements with the final rendered and completed post worked final image. Really good to know. What sucks is this subject hs come up here before and i just forgot the outcome. DON'T GET OLD! The mind is a terrible thing to waste and unfortunately, mine is terribly wasted!