• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Cat question...

eclark1894

Visionary
Here's one for all you cat people out there. When I was in my teens, my family owned a cat. ( We had a dog too, but they are so jealous of cats). Anyway, in the morning, sometimes the cat would come into my brother and mine's room and jump into bed with my brother. Next thing you know, you could hear my brother wincing in pain as the cat started kneading him with his claws like he was trying to make him softer. Guess I was already soft enough. Anyway, I'm just curious to know if anyone knows why cats do that? Or was that just that particular cat?

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Some cats do, some cats don't. It's a sign of affection and love. They're nursing, at least that is what the kneading motion is about, some cats will drool and slobber as they do it.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yep, as Sunfire said, it's a sign of affection, and something they do to their moms, when they are nursing. So you can look at it in one of two ways. Either the cat didn't love you as much, or thought your brother was girly, and you were the dad. You decided which version you prefer :p

The kneading motion is known as milk tread in kittens. They do it to their real moms while suckling.

Most cats still do it when they grow up, usually on soft stuff like tons of blankets, supersoft pillows, etc. or on their human, usually accompanied by loud purring. Both of my cats do this to me, sometimes I even get drooled on; one even likes to groom me aka licking my face. Usually they knead the bed covers....