• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Carey Feazel

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Sadly, I have to report that we have lost another friend. Carey passed on January 6, 2023, a few days after he posted a picture at Renderosity. His user name there was fritters56. He loved his birds & dogs. Here is the bio that he posted.

I am a disabled vet and long time poser addict. degree in commercial art from Lansing Community college. Married to the same fine woman for over 35 years. I was a good 2D artist. Diabetes has taken much of my fine motor control. I basically have use of only two fingers on each hand now and I am pretty weak. I work in a number of 3D applications, but mainly in poser and Hexagon. Though I am trying to learn SIlo. I also have a short term memory problem so learning new things is hard for me, but I keep on plugging away....

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
This is sad news. I used to communicate with him quite often back when I used to use Facebook. Though, I could have sworn I had seen him post more recently? Maybe I am wrong, the days all just run together for me lately - it is hard to keep track of time anymore.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
yeah, I recognize him in that picture. I know he has been in declining health for a very long time. I can recall several times when I was still on Facebook he had been briefly hospitalized. I haven't been on Facebook Early since 2019.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I did ask in a post eerily three days after he passed... such sad news to hear that he is no longer here.. :(

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I remember when, at one point, Carey had made a bunch of renders of people and animals and characters flashing a thumbs up. he had started to reply to posts in one of the Poser Groups that he liked with these images. I can't remember which group (I was in four and two kept changing names and ownership. It caught a few people off guard, and he was almost dissuaded from continuing to do so. I still vaguely remember us talking about it in PMs, he was just trying to be humorous and unique in his responses as he felt just hitting the like button was so impersonal. I believe he even continued posting these custom thumbs up at times here and on Rendo. It seems he tried to bring levity and humor to all of his interactions and tried to be positive and bright even when things were dark. From my interactions he seemed a very considerate person who was sometimes misunderstood.

@Stezza I am sorry I missed that inquiry. I have been too much in my own head for far too long...and it's dark and scary and timeless in here.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Awww.. that is sad news indeed. From my dealings with him here in our forums he was such a lovely person/upbeat even given all he had been through and was dealing with.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
I used to message Carey quite a bit when these forums were more active. He was always kind and thoughtful, and absolutely adored his birds. He loved making 3 D art and put enormous thought and effort into his renders.

Hornet3d

Wise
It is so sad to hear about anyone passing, those that have been active on the forum have an extra edge. Having been a diabetic for more years than I wish to remember I am aware of the way it can impact a victim's ability to get on with life. By the sounds of it the Diabetes and life seems to have been particularly cruel to him so at least he is now free from pain. My thoughts go out to his family and particularly his wife, 35 years is a very long time, particularly these days. My wife and I have been married for 42 years now and I just do not know how I would cope without her so I hope his wife finds both a way to cope and the support she will clearly need.

May he rest in peace.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I don't know him personally, but I also adored his beautiful birds .. May he R.I.P and my condolences to his wife and his family and friends.
Always sad to hear that kind of news