• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Can anything be done about this?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know that this is probably the result of images being flagged for the top bar that are located in folders we do not have permission to view... buuuut....

Can anything be done about it at all? It really interferes with the navigation at the top of the screen. You lose access to the folder structure of the forums and sub-forums, and you lose access to things like the "Create New Thread" button at the top of the screen as well. Yes, I know the create-new is also located in other places, but this happens multiple times a day, and it happens enough to be very irritating after a while. :)

Is there a way to somehow limit the pictures display at the top to only pull from general/public folders so we don't have this? Provided it's related to the permissions of forums/threads anyway...

Thanks. :)

upload_2016-6-8_22-55-30.png

(And this is how the top of the screen normally displays, when the images are not acting up...)

upload_2016-6-8_23-1-18.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't think it's related, because I believe those images are pulled from members albums. images in the top right of the page are pulled from forums, but I don't see how that would affect what you're seeing.

I've seen this as well, and I usually wait 5 or 10 minutes, refresh again, and it's fine. Maybe Alisa can tell us what would cause this, or if she doesn't know, she may be able to find out why we see this.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah. I think it's probably related to permissions, honestly. If an album is set up for just certain members to view it, then when the system pulls images from that album, anyone not in that group of members is going to get this sort of thing.

Of course, I could be totally off my rocker, too. ;) I'll wait to see what Lisa or Alisa have to say, though. I just wanted to bring it up, simply because it interferes so much with the site navigation at the top.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, I totally forgot you can restrict album viewing. Duuuuuuh!
upload_2016-6-8_23-19-27.gif

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, I've never seen that happen. Could it be something with how a specific browser is handling the site, since both you and Miss B seem to be having the issue. I'm using Safari, don't know what you guys are using.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
It happens when photos larger than a certain size are pulled from the pool into the header. It causes the div to break resulting in what you're seeing. You could CTRL F5 a few times to force a couple refreshes until you get new images of proper size.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
The images are being pulled from threads that are open to the public. There should be no restrictions on who can access the larger versions of those images within forums. They are refreshed every ten minutes. When the images are wider than the space, it creates the issue. I have not yet found how to force the space to stay the same size no matter images width.

What I can do is make the HiveWire logo smaller and see if that helps minimize or solve the issue.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
The logo is now slightly smaller so we will see. I also added a few forums to the list of images to display in the header. It is still possible to have three really wide images pulled at the same time and create the same problem.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It happens when photos larger than a certain size are pulled from the pool into the header. It causes the div to break resulting in what you're seeing. You could CTRL F5 a few times to force a couple refreshes until you get new images of proper size.

Thanks. That explains the what/why. I've done the force refresh thing many, many times. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

The images are being pulled from threads that are open to the public. There should be no restrictions on who can access the larger versions of those images within forums. They are refreshed every ten minutes. When the images are wider than the space, it creates the issue. I have not yet found how to force the space to stay the same size no matter images width.

It'd very odd that it only ever happens on the left. But thanks for the explanation - I appreciate it.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
It only happens on the left because the random photos are on the right. It's the way the divs work. In layman's terms, when the images are larger than what the normal div could handle, it would essentially create a carriage return, more or less, causing the photos to push down onto a "new line".

@LisaB There should be a way to define it in the CSS to not allow it no matter what. It's been a while, but I'll do some testing here and there and see if I can remember how to do it. I'll grab the coding from the site and mess with it locally.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, that explains things better, and yes Vask, I believe the stylesheet can correct the issue. Unfortunately, I've not worked with forum stylesheets, so not able to offer any ideas off the top of my head.