• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Buying from the store

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks, Traci :)

Aww, please don't feel rejected. You'll LOVE the owls, by the way!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
YAY! This puppy's happy that you're a happy cat ;)

I do like the owls. They fly exceedingly well the little ratsnatchers. Where I live we have 24hr protection, the owls working nights, and the falcons days. Plus they're cute. Played with them just a little but there's lots of morphs and stuff I have'nt tried yet. So... here's my first owl render "Who's On the Roof ?"_

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Cute :)

Let me suggest you post your owl images here:

That way people will see them. Folks won't be looking here ;)

Ken Gilliland's Birds In Renders

I can move your image and this (editing it to make sense lol) or I can copy it there or you can just post it there too, if you want :)

Well, no... This is just my reply to your assurance that I would love the owls. Oh it's true and also HUMMINGBIRDS! I have a fountain for the birds here. It gets very hot in the summer (well over 100) and the pump in the fountain is designed to shut down if it gets over 90, so it won't burn up. So I keep a gallon of water refrigerated and in the middle of the day I poor it into the fountain to keep it working. The hummingbirds have figured this out (amazing with the tiny brains they have) and hover around me and watch as I poor the water in. Then they land on the edge of the fountain and duck their heads in the water. The must think I'm doing it for them. But really the finches need it the most. The drink from it constantly.
I hope I don't really have to make sense. The real world and the fantasy world are fairly well merged en mi mente.
When I get serious about owl renders I will take your suggestion. But Jazz Bass poses are first on the agenda, starting with M4. Then if I feel spunky I'll download Dusk and try doing some for him. But I do need to finish the Grand Piano and Drums.
Thanks for being so nice. I really like HiveWire

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yep, what she said!

Hummingbirds are amazing. And ALL of Ken's products are awesome!

Oh, ugh...I don't do heat at all. Grew up on the east coast where it is hot and humid (you don't get the humid part when it's hot, I know) but now live in the Pacific Northwet where we don't even have air conditioning and think we're dying if it hits 80 :).

Nah, you don't have to make sense lol :) The render thread's there if and when you want it!

My pleasure and I'm glad you like HiveWire - I think it's a great place to be ;)

What I've discovered about the Owls so far is that they have superb detail and articulations for all parts of the wings. Clearly they can be posed in all aspects of flight. It'll take a lot of playing around before some inspiration hits me for a scene. Haven't even tried the facial expressions. How will this creature with a face covered with feathers display it's fealings? There are so many things to play with these little ratsnatchers are going to wear me out.