• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bunches and sheaves

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yes, And a vendor named Forester, or something like that, had a couple of very nice Autumn props packs. His stuff is .obj only, but there was a classic harvest grain sheave, and one of the nicer hay bales I've seen in a 3D marketplace.
JPdel: Thanks for the response. I did look through Forester's stuff and though familiar with their nice items I have never seen this item.
The hay bale is nice and it just went into my basket. Though the bale is nice it doesnt' have the sheaves of hay or grain I needed.
But I also needed piles of hay and scatters for ground cover. SOmeone at CP created a bunch of hay pi;es and ground scatter cover and she gave them t me but since CP closed she disappeared and a hard drive death made me lose those gift and no longer have them.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Here's my attempt at the Burden Basket.
SM_BurdenBasket
View attachment 35518
Made it as a character so that it's adjustable.
Well, just the headstrap is adjustable.
It should probably be parented to the target character's chest.
It's not conforming so it can work with various figures.

The textures aren't very good though.
Maybe @Rae134 would make some better textures for it.
A template is included in the zip file.
Probably could get a few different baskets that way.

Any way of reposting this burden basket. The link on your post above is dead. I would really like to get it since it is the only one I have seen that comes closest to what i need. Would have also loved to see a basket version that comes to a more tapered to pointed at bottom. But, anyhing I can see and use would be wonderful. If other varieties of styles and surfaces were made into a set and sold I would pay for it. If the others look as ice as this sample does and work as I need them to work the money would be worth it.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Good grief! they carried them with their heads..
Makes my neck ache just looking at them.
The ones that are wider at the top look best, cause the contents can be seen, plus it seems sheaves would fit in better.
Think I'll try to make one. Something different from my other work.
...yeay withtheir heads and shoulders. Women carried children and heae burdens with a hump strap across the front of the bodies and shoulders to disperse the weight better. When you don't have machines ot stronger tools devised to do the work you improvise and they had to do a LOT of that in those days.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yes, I have about a dozen different products I bought at RDNA over the years, but most of them are "foliage" with flowers in among the grass.

That said, there are 2 more like what I believe Carmen's looking for. The first is RDNA Grasslands Volume 8 and the second is RDNA Grasslands Volume 10 though I think the Volume 8 pack would fit her purposes better.
Problem with the stuff at RDNA and now same items transferred to DAZ is the lack of images to show depth and breadth of the items included. A great lack of marketing imagery makes it difficult to determine if any item is useful or fulfills your render needs. I see this all the time in products sold to Poser users. You see an item like a fully texture and morphed figure say for V4 but only get a close-up of the face showing the morphs and texture of that alone totally neglecting the rest of the body and makeup options.
Same holds true for other items like these fields of grain. I can't see sheaves or bundles etc in the promos only nice fields of grain. If I need fields of grin I buy. But if I need individual sheaves or stacks I pass it up wishing they had created more of what I really needed. If I was a content creator I would create items that offered such details. I unfortunately am not able to create my own content and get frustrated I can't find those particular items I need.

Many items lack the details to make them look "right" in a render. For instance a bundle of long sticks curves and bends down under their collective tied off weight especially if held in the middle of the bundle. Making them stiff just looks wrong. It is like swallowing the mule and choking on the tail meaning: lacking the inclusion of detail after most of the product is complete. It is those little details that differentiate a good product from a great product and those great products that make a good render into a great one. I see this in the DAZ stuff for D/S as opposed to their old stuff for Poser. The new stuff has more detail and articulation especially some of the clothes for the G-Series characters comared to the older Poser stuff which looked stiff and fake.

I know I probaly sound insulting and over critical of the content creators that have made Poser fun to work with by creating product for us to use (free or purchased). But it is not what I am trying to do. Just stating the facts as I have experienced them over the years. I am frustrated I can't use D/S now to take advantage of all the great new stuff out there and hope that now that Poser is available at Renderosity that we start seeing more content offered for it as good as that seen at DAZ for D/S and the Genesis series figures.

If we can see content there as good as the content here for instance, especially that of the animals offered spread across all the Poser content I will be finally greatly happy. And if I could get a good replacement for my dying head I would also be happier. :(

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Forester has two sets of Autumn stuff. The hay bale is in the first and the grain sheave is in the 2nd. It is a decorative grain sheave, however. Tabletop sized.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Forester has two sets of Autumn stuff. The hay bale is in the first and the grain sheave is in the 2nd. It is a decorative grain sheave, however. Tabletop sized.
OK yeah I saw that too but will not work......Paleo and Neo folk ate the grain not decorated with it. ;)
Again, this is another example of narrow vision on the part of some content creators. Both sets is real nice but incomplete. Instead of adding more similar natural stuff to one to really add breadth and depth to the props in follow-up sets they created a set 2 of equally limited decorative stuff. Don't get me wrong both sets are nice but I can see a LOT of stuff that could have been added to both to really fill them out for a wider range of rendering ideas.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
The handle was poking through, and I fixed it.
Just got confused which was the newest promo render.
The wooden balls that hold the leather strips poke through on the inside though.
Just a bit, but I like the way they look on the outside.
I might make another version if Carmen likes it.
Be good to have a test done on how it works with her native American figure.
Might need to make other adjustments.
again, the basket looks real nice but the link you provided is broken. can you please repost it here?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
DID ANYONE HERE GET StudioMARTILLO'S BASKET WHEN IT WAS UP HERE?
The bot never told me there was a continuation to and responses to my thread after a certain point and did not know about the basket.
When I found out about it the DL Addie was dead and could not get it.
MANY attempts to contact the artist have failed to get a response and I really need the basket.
Is it possible for someone to repost it here? It was a freebie and it was pretty much posted for me.........:(