• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bookmarks?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ok, soo... I've tried to bookmark a couple of individual posts. I've used the "bookmark" button on the bottom of the post I wanted to bookmark.

I discovered tonight, when I went back in to re-read one of those, that the bookmarks are only linking me to the forum listing.

So for instance, I had bookmarked Alisa's post in this forum (The Questions/Issues) where she gave the image dimensions needed for store promo art. But when I clicked on it from the bookmark list, it just dumped me into the main list of ALL the threads in the Questions/Issues forum.

It behaves the same way for the other two bookmarks I made.

Ok.... so... what am I doing wrong? Or are the bookmarks not functioning the way they should be? As it stands right now, this type of behavior makes it kind of pointless to save bookmarks. If it's going to dump us into the main list of all the threads, on a busy forum, such as the Meadow for instance, it would be impossible to find that ONE single post you had bookmarked..

So what am I doing wrong? LOL Thanks. :)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
You should click on post number (first column), not forum name (biggest column).

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, that's seriously weird. They definitely worked when the forum started. Mine are the same, Seliah and I know they weren't initially...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You should click on post number (first column), not forum name (biggest column).

I'm not talking about a browser bookmark. I know how to do that. :) It was the "bookmark" button on the individual posts in the forum software that I was having some issues with. That button is supposed to make a linked "bookmark" in your profile, so you can go back to a single post at a later date. That's what is not functioning at the moment.

Oh, that's seriously weird. They definitely worked when the forum started. Mine are the same, Seliah and I know they weren't initially...

I only have three of these, and thankfully at the moment they aren't buried in a major forum (except for one). But yeah. Definitely not working right at the moment. LOL

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
When I click on the post # in the first column it brings me right to the post I bookmarked. When I click on the thread name it brings me to the forum listing of threads. I don't recall it working differently?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
When I click on the post # in the first column it brings me right to the post I bookmarked. When I click on the thread name it brings me to the forum listing of threads. I don't recall it working differently?

Ah-hah! Okay. That does work perfectly. Thank you! :D

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I SWEAR I wasn't seeing post numbers earlier, but I indeed see them now - thanks, Lisa

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Or they were purposely hiding from us!

Or Lisa posting made them magically re-appear!
:happydance:

or maybe we just missed them :whistling:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I SWEAR I wasn't seeing post numbers earlier, but I indeed see them now - thanks, Lisa

OK, I haven't tried using the Bookmarks feature yet, so this is good to know in case I ever do.

What I'd "really" like to know, Alisa, is where did you find the head banging on the wall emoti. I've been asking for that back since we got the new forum, but I don't see it in my list of available Fun Smilies. Sooooo, where is it hiding missy????? Hmmmmm?????

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I found it on the web - Just copy and paste it for now :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh yeah? Hmmmmm, that means I'd have to go to the Web to find it every time (which is often for me) I want to use it???? I suppose I could bookmark it. :rofl::rofl::rofl: