• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

BNB cobra lily is it legacy rigged or weight mapped?

The Professor

Contributing Artist
Hi Pen
Thanks for your Interest. The rigging was done in Poser Setup and the joint editor, it was pretty straight forward and I really did not have to use any weight.
The Texture is a map, using real photos of the Cobra Lily. If you are using DS I am sorry to say that I do not use it, as DAZ does not give much Mac support.
I did try a fix in DS but not sure if this was a correct way to do it. I sent this Video to a person to try to help him with that problem. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else....Brett

https://player.vimeo.com/external/1...ddfaf52c45f534a910d&profile_id=113&download=1

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Brett - and welcome both to the forums and as a new CA!!

Pen - Straight from the box, you can bring this into DS, but as soon as you start bending, it goes wonky. The red color isn't looking right in DS but the other 2 do.

I can try what Brett linked to in a bit here for you.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks The Professor and Alisa...the video has answered most of my questions. From what's on the video I would need to convert to triax weightmapping. It looked like that worked pretty well so I would probably be able to get it to do what I was thinking of fairly easily. Which is what I needed to know.

Thanks both of you for your help! I will probably pick this up when I get chance...I really like the way it looks.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
It's a very cool critter. Sorry, I hadn't looked at the video - thought it might be a very quick thing I could to to check, but I'll leave it to you ;). Will look forward to hearing how it goes!

The Professor

Contributing Artist
Hi Pen
Just a thought ,if it still looks chunky you may want to add mesh to the figure, I believe there is a way to do that in DS. I have a new figure I will be giving to Alisa in a few weeks. I would like to ask your opinion. Here is the link, scroll to the bottom to Cephy, it is best to run it in HD......Thanks Brett
Carnivorous Plants

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
FYI, Hi Brett... welcome to Hive... your animation and the photo-real look of your Cobra Lily sold me, so I bought it! :) I don't animate, just love the look of your model...and heck, I live in California! :rolleyes:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Brett, I love your cephy! By adding mesh to the figure are you meaning using add a level of sub D? When I get it I will give that a try if I strike any problems from what I saw on you earlier images I don't think it will be an issue.

Was that your venus fly trap behind the bee? Has that been released anywhere?

thanks

Pen

The Professor

Contributing Artist
Lyne
Thanks.....Living in California the Home of the Cobra Lily. Have you ever seen them in the Wild? I always wanted to, it is in my bucket list.

The Professor

Contributing Artist
Hi Pen
Thank you. As far as the mesh goes, some times more mesh seems to help at joints, That is just a thought in this case.
I think Cephy may work in DS, I do not have much experience in DS so can not say for sure.
The Venus fly trap was given to HiveWire some time ago. It was rejected as they thought it seemed to flat and not enough modeling, and I agree. I plan to remodel it
in the near future. Please send me a Personal email, so I can tell you more. brett@inebraska.com

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Brett,

I've sent you an email. I really like what I saw so far of the flytrap it will be interesting to see where you go with it.

I'll try the cobra plant first and see how I go. The cephy is definitely cute. I do a lot of fantasy renders so plants like this tend to fit in nicely. My fairies tend to have pointy teeth and be on the freaky side when I create them from scratch...