• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

blender 64 bit says needs openGL 2.1????

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I just tried Blender 64 bit on my 64 bit computer but it will not open because it needs openGL or something like that 2.1 or later

Lobo3433

Admirable
Do you third party graphic card Nvidia or AMD or is on board graphics? You can also down load the latest OpenGl Getting Started - OpenGL Wiki but make sure you first determine your graphic drivers first and usually updating the drivers for your graphic card will include OpenGL with in the drivers if it is supported since you have a 64 bit computer more than likely they will be supported and you can download it from the link I have included but I do stress update the drivers for your graphic first this will will help prevent having issues and also when you update your graphic drivers I highly recommend restarting your PC before installing OpenGL

Lobo3433

Admirable
If it is a Windows 10 based machine click on start and start typing System information click on that and it should give you a screen similar to this and where you see Processor that should tell which Intel you have then you can go to this link to get the proper Intel graphic driver update Downloads for Graphics Drivers that should also include the latest OpenGL for your systemthe latest OpenGL version is 4.6 depending on what your intel supports you should get at least the minimum to run Blender if you need more help do let me know will do what I can to I can to help

Goo d Luck

Capture.JPG