• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

BEWARE of NVidia's GeForce 381.65 driver!!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes, I really have to ask him for help - this is really getting in the way. I just avoid the DAZ forums if I can help it. ;)

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
@LeoLee Crashes on exit are typical of extensions side-effects. For example, the Reality plugin was causing my Poser 11 to degrade performance down to a crawl when it was not even used. Anything I did would cause intensive disk access for a few minutes, which freezes Windows itself. I took a look on the log, and it was the Reality plugin. Uninstalling it got Poser back to normal performance, thanks goodness! I have reported this to SMS and also to Paolo, but I think they just acknowledged it.

Right now Poser is refusing to close on exit, and the logs are showing the culprit is the "Figure Manager" plugin. I think it wasn't updated between Poser 10 and 11, and now it's causing trouble. I bought it from RDNA, so I am not sure what can be done about it.

But the bottom line is that plugins and extensions can definitely cause issues, especially in DS, because DAZ tend to change things without notice, which can affect the plugins in unexpected ways.

Maybe it depends on the graphic card, mine is a GTX 750ti. Seems Nvidia has the same driver for all GTX models.

My DS has only the native plugins and extensions. It started happening after I tried installing Bryce which gave me a C++ error. After that, DS has started to crash every time I quit it.
Now it's with Daz support. For how long I don't know. :D