• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Anyone know what to do if you can't login to your DAZ account?

McGyver

Energetic
Earlier today I deleted my cookies as I usually do once every few days...
But shortly after I did that I couldn't log in to my DAZ account... I wanted to go through my product library to make a quick render for a funny birthday greeting for a friend and I discovered my login information was no longer valid...
I tried on several devices and computers but nothing... the login password and email are definitely correct but I keep getting the stupid "! Login Validation Failed. Did you enter a value for both username and password?"... over and over... I tried changing my password, but that was a mess and I'm not even sure it applied... either way it's refusing to let me login.
As it is I can't notify anyone, because I can't login and their support ticket method only addresses not being able to login with DAZ Studio... that or product related issues... Not being able access your product library, account information or buy anything doesn't seem to concern them...
Thanks in advance for any help, information or suggestions you might be able to provide.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There should be a choice to report problems with the store, or sales. Use those.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Perhaps you need to offer up a sacrifice? :oops:
It has been a long time since I have had any dealings with Daz3D, however they used to have a support page and a toll free number for customer support. I do not know if they still do or not - or how helpful they will be if you find that number and call them. If they still have those contact options I would try reaching out to them that way.

There also used to be a direct customer support email address - but that was getting less useful even back when I was still dealing with them, so again, if you can find it it's worth a try, but be prepared for dead ends.

Last time I had dealt with Daz3D intentionally was 2012 (or 2015 when the RDNA merger happened - but made very little effort then).

Circa 2013 Forum Post with contact Numbers - you shouldn't need to log in to see it.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I don't think the hamster is working that department... or the attachments department

heck.. there may not be anyone there ... but if there is maybe this link
'forgot your password'
may work for you

Daz 3D
if not then you may end up like my poor snake wandering the deserts of lost attachments forever more :eek::flower02:

McGyver

Energetic
Here is the contact us link: help
Thanks for making the post... I'm pretty sure it's not just me, because when I went to reset my password the screen would just go back to the previous page without acknowledging the submitted information... after several hours it finally acknowledged ("an email has been sent")...
I tried logging in again a couple of times, but it still seems broken.

McGyver

Energetic
sorry.... I got carried away.......

by mutant hampsters! :eek:

View attachment 78005
I feared this all along... that in an effort to recreate another Server Hamster like poor old Burt, they went too far and created a race of angry mutant hamsters who are hellbent on seeking revenge on mankind.
Its like that whole Orca thing in the Mediterranean this spring... only more rodentie and with explosives...

McGyver

Energetic
Perhaps you need to offer up a sacrifice? :oops:
It has been a long time since I have had any dealings with Daz3D, however they used to have a support page and a toll free number for customer support. I do not know if they still do or not - or how helpful they will be if you find that number and call them. If they still have those contact options I would try reaching out to them that way.

There also used to be a direct customer support email address - but that was getting less useful even back when I was still dealing with them, so again, if you can find it it's worth a try, but be prepared for dead ends.

Last time I had dealt with Daz3D intentionally was 2012 (or 2015 when the RDNA merger happened - but made very little effort then).

Circa 2013 Forum Post with contact Numbers - you shouldn't need to log in to see it.
Thanks...
I remember that thread... Well, the later part... a few posts in, by 2020 someone noted the phone numbers stopped working... So now apparently the only way to contact them is through a support ticket.

Which does not seem to cover something like not being able to login... the choices for what your problem might be is limited to Technical Support Questions, Sales Support, Refund Request, Coupon Code Issue and NFP Collection (that one is funny)... out of those, I'm guessing Tech Support is the "closest"option... but, in my experience that's usually more of a computer/software related support choice than perhaps "Theres A Friggin' Problem With The Store/Website/My Account"...

The actual help page is awful too...

the landing page for both "Contact Us" and "Help Center" is exactly the same and is mostly a bunch of links for assorted problems, none of which are as serious as a lockout/login issue... there are dozens of choices for all the software and assorted issues... but only if you scroll all the way to the bottom is there a choice for "Can't Find What You Are Looking For?"... "Submit A Request"... which leads to the aforementioned page with limited choice.

Gah.

I hate when you go to a website help center because you need help and theres a glaring omission in the help choices... like I know over the years I've seen numerous threads where people had login issues or account problems... but that's completely missing from the choices... it's beyond me why Store/Account/Website isn't a choice... wouldn't you want to know if customers can't buy stuff or access their purchases?

Its kinda frustrating because if I were to need to access my product library for work, I wouldn't be able to... possibly for 5 or 6 days if they actually contact me to resolve this... otherwise I'm locked out from accessing my purchases and from participating in the current sales...

McGyver

Energetic
Update: Late last night I started a thread at Redo asking about this and apparently three other people are experiencing this as well... I'd imagine it's a lot more then them, because if you can't login you can post about it.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@McGyver I feel your pain. It seems as though customer support has really deteriorated over there (it was already becoming problematic IMHO in 2012). Sadly they are not the only company to have this model of support - that is, where there is no direct way to contact anyone, and they try to filter what you can file a ticket for, which often has many omissions. I have stopped doing business with numerous companies that have such policies (Ebay, Etsy, various software companies, various game developers, etc...). I personally do not trust any company that does not provide a direct customer support option of some sort, and will not support companies that insist on crowd sourced customer support or restricting customer support contact. Even Microsoft behaves this way now with the Xbox which is why I am done with Xbox.

The only other suggestions I could make would be to ask someone to contact a Daz3D staff member or moderator on your behalf, and it seems DanaTA has done so for you - so now it is just a waiting game. I wish you luck on recovering your Account