• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Any free good blender plugins?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm sure there are a lot of free add-ons/plugins for Blender. You'd probably get a nice selection if you Google Blender Plugins and see what comes up in the search. Just be careful to only check out those that say "Free", as I'm sure there are good many that cost money.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I'm sure there are a lot of free add-ons/plugins for Blender. You'd probably get a nice selection if you Google Blender Plugins and see what comes up in the search. Just be careful to only check out those that say "Free", as I'm sure there are good many that cost money.
okay but I tend to use Bing instead of Google.

Robynsveil

Admirable
A lot depends on what you wish to accomplish. I find that given the fact that Blender itself is free, I don't mind spending $10 here, $30 there, and Eur-109 elsewhere for stuff I know I will most definitely use. But then, if creating trees isn't crucial to you, you probably won't want to spend that kind of money for the Grove.

If you go through the AddOn list in Blender itself, you'll find there's heaps that haven't been enabled - that's because the team wanted to keep the already busy interface as uncluttered with stuff you'll never use as possible. You may never want to use the Archimesh addon or the pie-menu addon or the ocean or landscape modifiers. I do, and so I've enabled them.

The characteristic I like best about Blender is that it allows you to create addons and install them, so they act like they're part of the actual software. If you get on github -- sorry, I use Google -- you'll find a lot of those sorts of addons, like this one for messing with cloth. In that spirit, I've put my own figure shader thingie on github... in the hopes that someone (besides me) might find it useful. :)

Lobo3433

Admirable
The Khalibloo Panel is a set of plugins for importing Daz Studio you can find the plug in Here and need to read the instructions for its use and installation I would recommend if not a member of Blender Artist forum become one since the creator of this addon is actively working to improve the scripts and is very helpful if you run into a problem. there use to be a set of scripts for Poser but no longer in development. Also for rendering Daz Studio scenes in Blender this is a good addon as well mcjTeleBlender3 - mcasualsdazscripts4 there isa a couple of video tutorials on Youtube on how to use these scripts and the work with Poser and Carrara with some tweaking hope this helps and last here is a list of all Blender Addons some might be on this list are no longer in development so do visit the creators site link before installing Blender Addon List

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Last time I used it, Bing was returning the exact same results as Google.
I use Startpage, and it gives me the same search results Google would, so it doesn't matter which search engine you use. Most folks just say Google as it is (or was) the most commonly used search engine.

Nod

Adventurous
I use Startpage, and it gives me the same search results Google would, so it doesn't matter which search engine you use. Most folks just say Google as it is (or was) the most commonly used search engine.

It's like the way loads of folk call a vacuum cleaner a Hoover, even if it isn't. :laugh: