• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Animating... how to prevent feet from sinking into the ground?

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I am trying to create a running animation but end up with always the same problem... the feet of the figure don't stick to the position I put them, they start to move up and down, forward and backward the more I go ahead and add frames. With the new DAZ I thought it was possible to avoid that but I am unable to figure out how to go about it. I REALLY don't think it should be necessary to pin every single frame to keep the feet from moving there must be a better way to stop this from happening. Setting the keys to linear or constant doesn't do the trick... it's even so that the line between the two y positions tells me, that the hoof isn't actually changing position.... which is simply not correct.
Do I need to disable IK to get the correct result? Or is there another trick to get the feet to stay where I put them?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I know Poser animation better than aniBlocks but here's my 2 cents. If you want to change an aniBlock you can't do it to them directly. You need to make them into keyframes first then resave as an aniBlock after you have made the changes. I have a video about this but can't get a link at the moment. Basically right click the animation area and go keyframes.

I know in Poser if you move something without a lot of keyframes after you get weird things happening like sinking into the ground. You might try setting the hips Y translation every 10 frames or so or set it when it goes into the ground.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Thanks... I so far figured out that giving the whole figure the keyframes will get better results than moving individual parts and leave it at that. But I am still not completely happy with the results. For example I set a camera frame at the beginning... then set the frame to the final stage, made a pan and---it SHOULD be just a swivel along the y axis, but in fact the camera performs 360 degree tilts on all three axis... not at all what I did!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yup sounds familiar. I'm animating Ken's fish at the moment and getting them to turn around in the water. I turn the hips on the y axis and if I don't set the y turn on lots of keyframes they end up spinning.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I think one of the problems is, from where Daz is calculating the movements... global or local...
Nice running sequences. They are aniMates? I need to get Pro to be able to create them from the timeline. Although just saving them as pose presets works too. But if I understand AniMate correctly then it is possible to squish the sequences to speed them up, or is that a misconception on my part?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I don't know how you can do that with aniBlocks other than taking out frames. I do that in Premiere.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmm I just tried clicking on an aniBlock until it turned gray then moved the arrow on the right to the left side and it seemed to shrink it down unfortunately it seemed to just delete the frames rather than speed it up.