• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

And the winners are ... Open Rendering Season Contest 2016

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Ouch! (Swiftly kicks his self upside the head!) I've said it before and no doubt will say it again - What does a newbee know from anything? :oopsie:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Congrats to all the prize winners... such awesome renders and well deserving..

Thanks Ken for another great challenge and as has been said the entries are getting so good... love looking forward to it each year.. well done everyone :flower02:

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
amen...I can't do enough nature related images

I envy you. I still have to discover my style and method when it comes to nature scenes. The images in my head are generally very singular and focused. It's easy for me to get overwhelmed by details in scenery. I'm definitely a trees rather than forest person when it comes to visuals. That's one of the many reasons I'm so impressed by these works. They're nothing like anything I could or would make.

I'm really glad to hear that this contest (and hopefully the others like it) is such a welcome and unique outlet for so many inspiring artists.

Szark

Awesome
Thanks kobaltkween I felt the same way for many years and up to a point I still do but I turned my envy into inspiration and determination, inspired by others and determined to do better which started around 2010's bird rendering contest with this image

but later after the contest was over I went back and turned it in to this, always pushing myself.

oh and I have no style and I do try hard not to get one. I like to do different things but there is one thing that underlines every image, the FUN factor. I do this for relaxation and it needs to be fun.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Oh wow...me too...I have only just seen it...What brilliant renders and congratulations to all winners.