• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Alerts...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just a heads up; the on-site alerts seem to be on-again, off-again on reliability. Right now I have six threads in my "Watched Threads" list that all failed to send off an on-site alert when they were posted to.

I don't know what exactly causes some threads to fail to send an alert out, while others do just fine, but I have noticed that alerts seem to be coming in only sometimes. I have taken to checking the Watched Threads list just to make sure I catch everything.

Anyway, I'm not looking for, or expecting, an immediate solution. I just wanted to give the heads-up that there seems to be some issues with the on-site alerts posting. I've even tested it by un-watching and then watching the threads again, and that does not solve it either.

Just an FYI.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yes...I've had the same issue with some threads. I was wondering if I had somehow missed clicking on an alert and that was what stopped them.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know about alerts, but I do know if you don't read your Convos/PMs you won't get any more notices about them, or that's what I found. The alerts do disappear from your list about 24 hours after they were first posted, so if you miss them one day, they may not be there the next day.

That said, I haven't had any problems at all with receiving alerts.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Pen, that's just it... I've had threads I'm participating in, where I've read the current responses and posted, and new posts were made to the thread while I was still on the site and no alert came through. That's what I mean. It happens on again off again, it's not every thread, and it's not the same threads each time, it's difficult trying to pin down a pattern.

Yeah, if you get an alert for a thread and don't view the thread, just like convos, you won't get anymore alerts for that thread until you view it. But that's not what I have happening here. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I just assumed I must have missed clicking on one as it's hard to keep up with the alerts at the moment.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just assumed I must have missed clicking on one as it's hard to keep up with the alerts at the moment.

I had thought the same at first, yeah. And it can get busy sometimes, I know! Especially when a bunch of us are all on and active at the same time! LOL

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very busy...and I just assumed I missed one when I was clicking on the links. I normally count them as I click and I just I hadn't managed to click it properly but it's happened too often for it to be that.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
We had some error logs on the server where the emails did not send. This seems to happen from time to time.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We had some error logs on the server where the emails did not send. This seems to happen from time to time.

Right, but does that explain the on-site alerts? I have my emails turned off, because I'm on enough to see the alerts on the forum. Those are the ones that seem to appear sometimes and not others...

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh, good point. Sorry, I mis-read/mis-understood. No, I don't know what would cause that.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, good point. Sorry, I mis-read/mis-understood. No, I don't know what would cause that.

Yeah. It's very confusing to me also. I can't seem to narrow down a pattern, or reproduce it on purpose, which makes it difficult to give you any concrete ideas on where or what to look at. All I can tell you is that sometimes the alerts on-site come in, and other times they don't, and I only find everything if I click into the Watched Threads link. Szark got bit by this bug earlier today as well.

If I can figure out a pattern to it, I'll let you know. Sorry!