• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

About Updates and the Main Store

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hi, I like to keep products updated, and I watch the thread about things. But, sometimes trying to FIND the product in my list of purchased products is a task of the ages! Is there any way to search our owned products? Or at least put them in alphabetical order? I realize they are in purchase order currently, but I often don't remember when I purchased something. So, is there some work around? I was hoping with the new site that searchability would be included in the store..but I can't find it. Thanks!

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If you keep your receipts, like I do, then you can search them and download the product from there since the product file name does not change.

ETA: Also, if you are logged into the store, you can use the store search to find the item and if you already own it, it will tell you "You own this" in a little hexagon on the left corner of the product image.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have long running spreadsheets for every 3D store I've ever shopped in. Needless to say, it also shows the most recent purchases first, but it's easier to search one long spreadsheet than pages, and pages, and pages of your purchases in the store.

I also make sure I'm logged into the store so I can see the You Own This tag for items I've already purchased.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very true, but I've usually already downloaded them by the time I get to checking my email for the receipts. ;)

It's what you get used to doing.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I do keep the receipts, so I just did a search in email and that gave me the download links again. Like you, Miss B, I usually have it downloaded LONG before I get the receipt! lol Thank you both!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
For my products, you can look at my webstore pages and it will give you the month/year of the update. Before anyone gets too excited-- the May 2020 Parrots update, while listed, isn't quite ready. It should be out soon. The freebies on that set are new (although they'll only work with the update that isn't out yet). I also have a master list of what SBRM products have been updated on my songbirdremix.com page.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
For my products, you can look at my webstore pages and it will give you the month/year of the update. Before anyone gets too excited-- the May 2020 Parrots update, while listed, isn't quite ready. It should be out soon. The freebies on that set are new (although they'll only work with the update that isn't out yet). I also have a master list of what SBRM products have been updated on my songbirdremix.com page.
Yes, that gives the date...but doesn't tell when I bought it! lol
I'm glad you have that resource available though! Thank you!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I was just going to come here and kvetch about that very issue. There really should be a search option implemented in the downloads area. There was an update to the Friesian Horse adding in Superfly and iRAY options. I had to go back to like page 50 something to find the files and since I'm using Poser now I had to download ALL of the Horse related Poser files. So that was about an hour of my morning I'll never get back. It was fruitful but going page by page is a bit of PITA. Plus, not all of us hang on to the receipts or lists that come to our mailboxes.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I agree Rich. I usually have to check my spreadsheets to see when I purchased something, and what other products I purchased just before, and just after, before I can even look in the Downloads pages to see if I can find it quickly. The purchase receipts are dated, but the downloads aren't.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm bad and never keep receipts so I'd like a downloads search (I went to download the Fre yesterday and I had 80 something pages to wade through lol)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good point Rae, as the search box in the Downloads area is for the whole store, not for that area. That would also work very well if they could get that done.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Other stores have it and its a lifesaver (if you can remember the name of the product lol)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
DAZ has their set up so what ever area your in the search changes for that area. I know at Rosity theirs is set up to just select the department you want to search, regardless of where you are on the site! Also a good idea. Not sure why there is no search for the downloads. In the beginning when there were a few products finding stuff was easy but now... not so much, esp when you have update notices and then have to go through all that just to find them! o_O

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's the specific software being used for the store. I don't know if there are any add-ons that can be used to give us more selection options for Search, but it certainly would be nice.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I think I remember when they did the switch over, that they said that new things would come, but that they had to get everything working first. So, likely, it's just been put on hold for now, especially with all the excitement over Dawn 2, and the craziness of the world situation.