• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

About Superfly Renders

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I was wondering how may of you do promo quality Superfly renders and how long do they take to finish?
My computer has 16 gb memory and runs at 2.5 ghz but is slow on Superfly renders.
what is the best SF settings for good quality but a little faster?
Thank for any info. ;)

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
For me it took some time to learn Superfly engine. Theres no universal setting that will work in every scene. It all has to be tweak depending what light setup you have.
If it's indoor or outdoors. I admit that it's a learning curve to it but it's well rewarded once you get the hang of it.
Key thing for me is to use a Enviro sphere. Not the one that comes as default with poser. Either use the BB Enviro sphere together with HDRI images for light or use
Snarlys EZDome that have the BB sphere included already and alot easier to setup with the HDRI lights.

I suggest that you start with watching this video on the basis of superfly rendering.