• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A zoo enclosure

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
This is something that I have wanted for a while. Not something elaborate just simple that can be moded with other props. Just a thought.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think a new one would be pretty cool.
If you are desperate for one there's a Poser one at Rendo called "City Zoo" but its out of my price range.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, that's out of my price range as well. I think Ivory Elephant is just looking for a zoo cage prop that can be built up for a full scene.

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
The City Zoo is too cartoony for what I had in mind. Not so much a cage. I have those, more like a natural setting with a guardrail and walk way. I have plenty of scene props for it, I just need the base. The project I have been working on is a 3d zoo and as I have stated in the Elephant model thread just looking to finish up my really REALLY old project for my nephew is a circus.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It sounds like something that could be built from primitives. Very large cylinder for the raised walkway. Torus and either rectangles or cylinders for the guardrail. You'd need to be careful with the camera angles. Put a moat around the animals' island. Apply shaders and bob's your uncle.

Yeah. Blue Tree Studio does a lot of interesting models, but they are essentially game models. I've got several and have used the props from them in scenes. They aren't rigged figures, but they look good.