• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Safe Web page counter??

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I use Google Analytics. I recently looked for one that would show the IP but there was nothing that was free that I could find. Google Analytics does pretty much everything else though.

James R.

Busy Bee
I have used Statcounter for years (2008, I think?).

It's easy to install and it can be invisible if you so choose. It shows the IP of visitors (unless they use a tracker-blocking app of course), and the paths they took through your site. The free version has a log file that is limited to a certain number of entries, but it can still be useful. I don't know if their TOS will be any more palatable though...

Aside from this I use Google analytics and my own server logs... But Statcounter gives a good quick overview.

Hope you find something that works for you. :)

Jay Versluis

Admirable
It depends what type of website you're running. If you're on self-hosted WordPress, then I recommend Jetpack. It contains stats based on Google Analytics, but you don't have to learn what's involved in how to implement it. It shows you a nice graph and related information. It's all free and safe, all you need is a WordPress account (also free and safe). Jetpack comes with a variety of other goodies too. Here's what it looks like in your Dashboard:

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 13.56.29.png

James R.

Busy Bee
Can't believe I forgot about Jetpack! The only thing I miss is that it doesn't show IP addresses...though it does have the map function which I find kind of fun.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I've used a free one on my site since 2002. It demands that I post an ad link on every page that uses the counter, but it doesn't do pop-ups, or add images, or anything other than the link that just sits there and people can ignore. There's a button on the home page, and a text link in the footer of all the rest of the pages. The place I found it went by the name of 'Amazing Counters', and I would imagine that it's probably still out there somewhere. They had a nice variety of styles to choose from.

But then, I built my site myself, so I had control of where the link landed and what the part of the page holding it looked like. But a site built from a template could probably do the same.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well in the meantime I thought to ask a friend to write me a bit of code... if he can, problem solved!

but THANKS for you input, all! I want a single page "hit counter"...since my OLD Front Page 2002's FTP now collides with my host server's new security codes...sigh...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
My good friend George (of the beautiful sky sets here) found this SAFE place for my new counter...and he helped customize 'mine'...
https://www.phpjunkyard.com/
so thought I'd share this with you...George has used their work for years. :)