• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A "how to" question.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Are there any "How to" tutorials on remapping a figure, say from Kelvin to m3 oR m4?
Texture Converter or Texture Transformer does not have a plug in to do it for me.
I want to put a texture from Kelvin on dusk but need it remapped on M3 or M4 first.
Or a way to remap it to dusk.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I haven't a clue about remapping texture skins. Hopefully, someone will come along with a link (or 2) to help.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I remember DPHoadly at Renderosity doing that for v3 to v4 before the texture converters were popular.
but to me it is a mystery. :laugh:

I have most of the texture converted but need a base to match the colors and do away with seams.
Somehow try as I might i can't match it close enough. :(

eclark1894

Visionary
Afraid I can't help either unless Texture Converter recognizes Kelvin. However, you might try asking over at the SM forum. A lot smart guys, smart people and smart a$$es post there. Someone might know.:sneaky:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I have had some conversations with Slosh about this for DS. He uses UV Layout. Essentially you have to remap the uv's of the new character to match the older character and then you save the new uv as an alternate uv layout in DS and you can use the older characters textures in DS. I believe it's then possible to bake the texture in DS so you can save the map, but don't ask me how...I did attempt at one point to do this for Dawn but my version of UV needs updating as I let the service contract get out of date. Apparently there are new features that Slosh requested that can help with this.