• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Dumb Question

mdbruffy

Enthusiast
I'm asking this because I honestly do not know:
What is an 'extended license'? Does this mean if you don't subscribe somehow the file disappears from your runtime after a set time?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I'm asking this because I honestly do not know:
What is an 'extended license'? Does this mean if you don't subscribe somehow the file disappears from your runtime after a set time?

It allows game developers to use the product in the games they create.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Is that why sometimes there are two listings for a product? One with the license and one without?

Yes actually there should always be 2 listings. The price on an extended license is typically much higher than the hobbyist license copy.

eclark1894

Visionary
It allows game developers to use the product in the games they create.
Interestingly, I read something about this at Renderosity. One of their Copyright agents weighed in and explained that Extended licenses actually allow for game creators to "redistribute" the models in games. Because even if the gave is for free, you are in effect, redistributing the models, which under normal licensing is a no-no.