• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Software programming

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am looking into making software, maybe to help with 3d stuff. I had taken programming classes but that was so last decade. Seriously last class I took was over a decade ago.
I am looking for something I can code in and compile a program to see if I coded it right. Once I am happy with it, I would like to be able to package it up for others to test so they can see if it works for them too.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So are you looking for advice on a language to use? or and IDE? I think it would also depend on what sort of thing you are thinking of. Is it a plugin for existing programs? Or a standalone? For instance, if it was to work with Poser, you might have the easiest time using Python, just since that's what Poser is written in.

John Hoagland

New-Bee
Contributing Artist
Sorry for the late reply.
If you're serious about programming, you can get a free/ trial version of Microsoft Visual Studio IDE, which lets you write programs in Visual Basic, C+, C#, and a few other languages. But keep in mind that this is the same Visual Studio software that's used by professional programmers, so there might be a learning curve.

By the way, I used an older version of Visual Studio years and years ago when I made some of my software utilities. ;)

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Okay Welcome to the forums from me too.
I cannot think of programming until I figure out what the fruit loops is wrong with my computer.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am thinking of programming again. I never found out what was wrong with that fruit loop computer, but got a laptop that mostly works. (battery does not, but keep the salt away from the battery or I will be charged with a salt and battery?)
okay I am looking for a compiler that is open source. I think a compiler is what I need. I used to know C++ but probably can get back into it after finding the right software to program in. I want the software be free as in free root beer and also free as in free speech so probably open source so I can do what ever I want with it. I want no non commercial clause to it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've used, at one time or another, or am stilling using, a number of those software packages. That's quite an extensive list, some of which I would never have thought of looking for.