• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Tenacity Action Wear Lingerie

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
NapalmArsenal had the idea to transform the Tenacity Suit into lingerie, and I promised to make one as christmas freebie if I foud the time. Well, it went quicker than I thought, here would be a little set that could be customised with different diffuse colours. What do you think? I'd only have to pack it up and find a way to upload it somewhere, could I add it to ressources?
Lingerie.jpg

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looks great! We could post it as a freebee in the store.

Keep it going. Love the support.

Yay!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Gorgeous!!!! Very nice classy addition for Dawn and Sora for promo images or whatever you would like to do with it!!

I'm with glitter on the lace trim idea!

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
Hmmm.. I'm not a tutorial writing person at all, and I'm not even sure if this is worth a whole tutorial. For bending the lace around the template curves I use a small program called StitchWitch, and I find it gives the lace more depth if it is inhanced by a slight displacement. And I underlay the lace with a layer roughly the colour of the lace so it has no strange edges with the transparent settings. Plus, it is important to put the transparency map also into each spectacular, ambulant and reflecting nodes you might use, but I'm sure this is not new to you, and that's my whole "secret"... if you have more questions on this I will try to answer them.

I had fun playing with the colours of this so the set will come with 12 colour options (including the white one of course for fun with diffuse colours). It's in QA right now, and if it passes will be in the shop as freebie as Chris suggested.
Secrets03.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thanks for that Varnayrah! Where I fail with lace is the transition from the fabric to the lace.........the area where it should be lace and cloth meeting. I just can't seem to make that look right.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ahh yeah I'm familair with stitch witch!! I will have to take a look at getting that love the work you are doing!! Love the tangerine with her skin tone. Thanks so much for doing this and sharing!! It's a great Christmas present!! It also makes her look Uber Classy not that the bikini was bad, but this really takes her over the top.

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
ähm... ok, I'm working with The Gimp (and in german...) so I don't know how that would translate into Photostudio (and if I have the right english names for the tools). What I do is this: I have the lace on an extra border, where I select by magic staff all the transparent area outside the lace. I reverse that selection and have then selected the lace neatly. I scale the selection down by 1 or 2 pixel, so I don't have a transparent line where cloth and lace meet. Then I fill in that selection with black on a new layer, that I use later on for my trans map. That normally gives a rather exact border. I hope I could make that understandable - I'm not so good at explaining, and as non-native speaker... but I really think the a and o is a good lace border to begin with. I have some by Atenais that I use regularly.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
ähm... ok, I'm working with The Gimp (and in german...) so I don't know how that would translate into Photostudio (and if I have the right english names for the tools). What I do is this: I have the lace on an extra border, where I select by magic staff all the transparent area outside the lace. I reverse that selection and have then selected the lace neatly. I scale the selection down by 1 or 2 pixel, so I don't have a transparent line where cloth and lace meet. Then I fill in that selection with black on a new layer, that I use later on for my trans map. That normally gives a rather exact border. I hope I could make that understandable - I'm not so good at explaining, and as non-native speaker... but I really think the a and o is a good lace border to begin with. I have some by Atenais that I use regularly.

It does make perfect sense! I was doing all that, except for scaling down the selection. That's why I could never get the lace to look right where it meets the cloth.

Yes, I think I have purchased every Atenais lace MR, but that doesn't mean I'm skilled with lace. ;-)

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
If I could help I'm glad.. and I wouldn't say I'm very skilled, it was a lot of try and error.
Napalm, I'm afraid I don't know where StitchWitch is available nowadays. It used to be at DAZ but isn't any more. But I'm glad you like the colours, I had fun with them^^ And you're right, Dawn is definetively under-equipped in the lingerie area. But loving Dawn I do of course think she could use more of everything: characters, clothing (special historic and fantasy *dream* (I#ve always been dreaming of a historically correct Watteau Gown from the Rokoko)), all^^

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist

I think you are doing fine explaining! You might try screen shots if you can't seem to find the words. Thank you for explaining I am sort of getting where you are coming from. =) I know a few contacts on StitchWitch ;) Oh yeah, I could really see her in some nice historical garb. 16th century dresses and the like would be beautiful on her even some items from the 1800's. I like fantasy sets too Dusk needs some fantasy clothing well more clothing really bad!!

Glitterati3D does some reall nice work for Dusk and Dawn too. I love her Dusk kilt she has over at Fantasy Attic. For sort of a Scottish Highland look. She also has a really sweet oxford shirt for him. Speaking of which I need to get back onto her Overalls for Dawn. They have been on the back burner for a bit. Sorry Tracy! :(

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Napalm, I'm afraid I don't know where StitchWitch is available nowadays. It used to be at DAZ but isn't any more.
I originally bought it at PhilC's site years ago, but then it was moved to DAZ. I didn't realize it was no longer available there.

I just did a search, and I found it at PoserContent.com. Just do a search for Stitch Witch 1 on their site.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I think you are doing fine explaining! You might try screen shots if you can't seem to find the words. Thank you for explaining I am sort of getting where you are coming from. =) I know a few contacts on StitchWitch ;) Oh yeah, I could really see her in some nice historical garb. 16th century dresses and the like would be beautiful on her even some items from the 1800's. I like fantasy sets too Dusk needs some fantasy clothing well more clothing really bad!!

Glitterati3D does some reall nice work for Dusk and Dawn too. I love her Dusk kilt she has over at Fantasy Attic. For sort of a Scottish Highland look. She also has a really sweet oxford shirt for him. Speaking of which I need to get back onto her Overalls for Dawn. They have been on the back burner for a bit. Sorry Tracy! :(

LOL, all my stuff for Dawn and Dusk are here at Hivewire now.

I have Stitch Witch, had it for years, but I can do the same things in Photoshop so I just never use it.

The only thing I ever use it for are seam guides.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have Stitch Witch, had it for years, but I can do the same things in Photoshop so I just never use it.
Me too, though I can see it as a good for anyone who's never textured 3D clothing before. It is pretty easy to use, but I've been working in Photoshop for years, and just prefer it to anything else.

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
I think the Gimp has not that option to bend laces/trims properly (or if I never found it), so StitchWitch comes in handy for me.... although trims ist the only thing I use it for. Never had Photoshop - way too expensive.
And I have that kilt - must find the time to do it some textures after christmas.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhh, yes. I think the last time I played in Stitch Witch I was trying to add some trim (though no lace) to the neckline of a top. For that it is good.

I had Gimp on my last laptop, but I wasn't as familiar with it, and some things just don't work the same as Photoshop, so I didn't bother installing it on this laptop. Back then I had Photoshop on my old desktop, so it worked out well that I at least had a 2D graphics app on the laptop.