• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Creating New Character for Dawn?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
You're a great help Alisa! Thanks so much!

Welcome to HiveWire MadameOlga! Good to see you here.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think that is ok. If you point to parts of the original product, to note that in your ReadMe file. Keep in mind, though, that Dawn SR2 and Dawn SE have completely different texture files, so the files will only work if people own and still have that product installed. So probably not the best idea...

Fair enough...I'm still trying to work out a good workflow for specular maps.

unreal

Noteworthy
I think that is ok. If you point to parts of the original product, to note that in your ReadMe file. Keep in mind, though, that Dawn SR2 and Dawn SE have completely different texture files, so the files will only work if people own and still have that product installed. So probably not the best idea...
Ah, this explains my confusion!

Long ago, at Dawn's first release i purchased her (HW store). Played a bit but went off to do other things. Came back when LaFemme was released. Played with that but making stuff for LF was brutal. Went away, then picked up on D2 in dev. Came back. Clearly, D2 was taking a while so I decided to play with D. long since lost (raid failure) by Dawn installs. Found a "Dawn SE" in my runtime. Buying (again) some of the characters and textures. But some of them are messed up. Not working on what (I think) is dawn SE. It's a Dawn.obj so i don't know. That might be the Dawn that comes with Poser.

It's all so confusing! <-- you have to imagine that with a "drama geek" over the top delivery :p

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
The Dawn that comes with Poser is Dawn SE (Special Edition. That's the only version that has been sold since she was released.

Dawn SE is completely compatible with the earlier versions, but see the "GENERAL NOTES" section of the ReadMe for info on using characters or clothing created for earlier versions of Dawn than SR2 (which do not have support for the SR2 morphs). There is something you need to do and it's explained there :).

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Welcome Olga! Nice character. Can't wait to see what you come up with for Dawn.

unreal

Noteworthy
The Dawn that comes with Poser is Dawn SE (Special Edition. That's the only version that has been sold since she was released.

Dawn SE is completely compatible with the earlier versions, but see the "GENERAL NOTES" section of the ReadMe for info on using characters or clothing created for earlier versions of Dawn than SR2 (which do not have support for the SR2 morphs). There is something you need to do and it's explained there :).
Thank you for that.

I might also have the earlier version. My runtimes are divided into figures and Poser versions (plus a few other themes like "scenery" and "toon stuff")

The Dawn runtime has to be the purchased version. All the stuff that comes with Poser is in version runtimes (ie: 8, 9, 11, 12) which would include the Dawn that comes with Poser.

Now I shall have to do something I haven't done since forever. Read the figure docs :D

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thank you for that.
Welcome!

I might also have the earlier version. My runtimes are divided into figures and Poser versions (plus a few other themes like "scenery" and "toon stuff")

The Dawn runtime has to be the purchased version. All the stuff that comes with Poser is in version runtimes (ie: 8, 9, 11, 12) which would include the Dawn that comes with Poser.

Here's how you can tell the differences:

Dawn versions.jpg

The Dawn in Poser 11 is the Dawn SE & Character shown above.
The Dawn in Poser 12 is also the Dawn SE & Character shown above, but there is a Superfly material option for Dawn and Heroine Hair.

Now I shall have to do something I haven't done since forever. Read the figure docs :D
OMG, not that!!!! LOL.

Seriously, we DO put important info in our ReadMes...they are not just a file listing.

DanaTA

Distinguished

I can't find this "GENERAL NOTES" anywhere. :(

unreal

Noteworthy
Welcome!

Here's how you can tell the differences:

View attachment 73321

The Dawn in Poser 11 is the Dawn SE & Character shown above.
The Dawn in Poser 12 is also the Dawn SE & Character shown above, but there is a Superfly material option for Dawn and Heroine Hair.

OMG, not that!!!! LOL.

Seriously, we DO put important info in our ReadMes...they are not just a file listing.
Super thank you! With pictures, even :)

I have 3 of those. Not the SR2 version. SE, Full Character, and Dawn. I only have one Dawn.obj file, though. o_O

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome, unreal :)

Haven't looked at all the objs for awhile...

I can't find this "GENERAL NOTES" anywhere. :(

Scroll way down in the "Important Notes" section, below the long list of changes in each version of Dawn.

says:

GENERAL NOTES:

IMPORTANT!!! Dawn Special Edition is COMPLETELY compatible with all Dawn, Dawn SR1, and Dawn SR2 products.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Welcome, unreal :)

Haven't looked at all the objs for awhile...

Scroll way down in the "Important Notes" section, below the long list of changes in each version of Dawn.

says:

GENERAL NOTES:

IMPORTANT!!! Dawn Special Edition is COMPLETELY compatible with all Dawn, Dawn SR1, and Dawn SR2 products.
In which file, and where is it in the folder structure?

Dana