• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember them????? Richard is still alive at 75.
1646228371784.png

unreal

Noteworthy
I'm on the East Coast, but in Massachusetts. I haven't seen either an Arby's nor a, what was it, Roy Rogers?

Dana
I lived both places. Arby's was midwest. Not south-central (Texas) or southeast (TN, GA) - at least, not when I lived in those places. It was Roy Rogers in New England (PA, NJ, NY). When I went to college (back in midwest - KC, from HS in Princeton) I was able to taste test them "head to head". Arby's had better meat. Roy's had better sauce (sweeter, compared to Arby;'s tangier). The things that stick in my mind...

I have no idea who owned what. But I never felt they were the same company.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I remember an Arby's not too far from where I live in NY City, but since I don't have a car anymore, a little difficult to get to.

unreal

Noteworthy
I always liked the shoeshine gag in Police Squad! (TV Show) had Detective Drebin (played by Leslie Neilson) seeing his 'informant. They all ran the same way... Drebin: "Do you know anything about..." Shoeshine "Maybe I do, maybe I don't." Followed by a bribe changing hands.
I liked when Tommy Lasorda came by for advice. Also Dr. Brothers asking about something like "Cinderella Complex". I think a surgeon came by asking how to do a transplant. "What's the word on the street, Johnny."

eclark1894

Visionary
Robert Vaughn and David McCallum from The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

David McCallum was also well knowN later in his career as Dr. Donald Mallard in N.C.I.S.
I was really into spy shows and movies when I was a kid. It's carried over into adulthood. The only remake I found enjoyable so far are the Tom Cruise Mission Impossible movies. I was so in love with James Coburn and In Like Flint that I changed my phone's ringtone.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I liked Mission Impossible, and the movies weren't too bad, but I'm more into spy novels, or what I usually call them . . . Foreign Intrigue. There are some really good authors out there who write those types of books.

eclark1894

Visionary
I liked Mission Impossible, and the movies weren't too bad, but I'm more into spy novels, or what I usually call them . . . Foreign Intrigue. There are some really good authors out there who write those types of books.
I liked watching Mission Impossible as a kid, but I could never follow a show. It was over my head.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I lived both places. Arby's was midwest. Not south-central (Texas) or southeast (TN, GA) - at least, not when I lived in those places. It was Roy Rogers in New England (PA, NJ, NY). When I went to college (back in midwest - KC, from HS in Princeton) I was able to taste test them "head to head". Arby's had better meat. Roy's had better sauce (sweeter, compared to Arby;'s tangier). The things that stick in my mind...

I have no idea who owned what. But I never felt they were the same company.
Oh, now I see why you said New England. But, you're mistaken. PA, NJ, and NY are not part of New England. Only Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut.

Dana

robert952

Brilliant
Remember them?????? The movie remake sucked.
View attachment 72769
My favorite homage to this show was an episode of NCIS. Agent Gibbs (played my Mark Harmon) was asked a question by Agent Kate Todd (played by Sasha Alexander). On the show, Doctor Mallard has the nickname "Ducky" and is played by David McCallum.

"What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"

Gibbs looks towards 'Ducky' who is out of earshot and pauses as he thinks about the question. Then he simply replies, "Illya Kuryakin."

Kate gives a great quizzical look.

In case my description doesn't do the scene justice: Link to YouTube.

My wife and I discussed how many in the audience would catch that reference. IMHO one of the best inside jokes on in a TV series.

Miss B

CV-BEE
My wife and I discussed how many in the audience would catch that reference. IMHO one of the best inside jokes on in a TV series.
I don't think I ever saw a show that made that sort of reference to one of the actors/actresses characters on another show they starred in.

I was also amused the first time I saw that episode. Once I started watching all the re-runs, I just said it along with Gibbs, because I knew that's what he was going to say.

unreal

Noteworthy
Oh, now I see why you said New England. But, you're mistaken. PA, NJ, and NY are not part of New England. Only Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut.

Dana
Ah. I'm from the midwest (originally). To me, anything of the original 13 colonies north of Delaware was New England :D

PA, NJ, and NY I think were called the tri-state area.

It was weird moving there as a kid. There were tree in the neighborhood that had been there since before the revolution. We played in fields with names like "princeton battlefield". The road near our house is the road Washington marched his men for the Christmas raid. We'd go fishing where he crossed from PA. These places from school history were suddenly real. We couldn't tromp through the fields without tripping over a little stone landmark that said "George Washington slept here". We used to joke that ol' George used to get around.

Oddly I now live in a state nearly half way around the world from there, that has a region called "New England". Might even be the same general size, although it's a small portion of the state.

unreal

Noteworthy
I liked MI. Nimoy was on the show (Paris) and reported to Mr Phelps (Jim, wasn't it?). Also, Martin Landau (Rollin Hand) and Barbara Bain (Cinnomon). Star Trek and Space 1999 crossover. The second season of Space 1999 was binned by the same person who binned Star Trek 3rd season.

How small is the world?