• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Just went to visit DAZ 3D and they have DS 4.10

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wanted to have a play too but it needs OpenCL 1.2 and my card is only compatible with 1 (its really old :()

I've seen some really nice things, even from old poser stuff (the item just needs to be made well or it will explode).

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Most newer cards should be ok (I think OpenCL is up to 2. something)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
If your card is not compatible you can try using your CPU for the simulation.

Actually, a big part of OpenCL/GL is dependent on your motherboard capabilities. Moreso than your graphics card. If your motherboard is incapable of OpenCL/GL support, it won't matter if your graphics card is.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
hmmm My CPU should be fine, but my Motherboard is prob just as old as the Graphics Card. Now I'll be googling how to look up the MB specs! :p
And I can't see anywhere that I could change from GC to CPU anyway, I just assumed it was looking for the GC since I know that's not compatible.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
ahh that's where its having the error about not finding a compatible OpenCL 1.2 device :)

(oh and this computer is about 10 or 11 years old, its the spare, I blew up the newer one a while ago)

Last edited:

Llynara

I've been playing with the beta. My computer is 5 years old and rebuilt, so I'm not using the latest and greatest, but I've been able to drape a few items without them blowing up. The included Bardot Outfit works very well out of the box. (Sorry for the huge size, trying to find a way to make it smaller, might just have to resize and reupload.)

Llynara

I got some pretty crazy results with older outfits, here's a couple that didn't blow up (yay!) Poser dynamics seem to work fine with it. I have lots that I still need to play with. You can find my notes and more pics on my DAZ art forum thread here where I play with lots of stuff: Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)

Question: How do you resize these so they're not huge? Every time I try to alter the code with height and width, it breaks.

LilFlame's Dynamic Purity Dress for Poser works fine:

Aave Nainan's Romance for G3F (she's actively posting on the dForce thread with tips and making sure her clothing will work.)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Question: How do you resize these so they're not huge? Every time I try to alter the code with height and width, it breaks.
If you're referring to the size of the images, you have a choice when you upload them to either present them full size, or as thumbnails.

Llynara

Thanks, ladies! I have lots more playing to do, just need to find the time (what is that? LOL)
And now I can't find the edit button to make those pics smaller. Ugh, sorry to be such a n00b on these boards!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thanks, ladies! I have lots more playing to do, just need to find the time (what is that? LOL)
And now I can't find the edit button to make those pics smaller. Ugh, sorry to be such a n00b on these boards!

You only have a limited time to edit a post. Leave the images big. They're nice.

But, for future reference, the edit link is by your name at the bottom of the post...where it says "Llynara, 7 minutes ago"

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You only have a limited time to edit a post. Leave the images big. They're nice.
What Traci said. I never use the thumbnail size when I upload images to the forum. That's nice if the image is so large it wouldn't fit nicely within the size of a forum post, but yours all look just fine.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
you can also upload it to the media gallery, that way you can post it in multiple threads without uploading it each time (and it loads in larger than thumbnail and smaller than full) :)