• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solved wish we could change

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I wish we could change background text box colors and text in all threads.
For my email program I use a black or very dark gray background and white text.
That cuts glare and saves my eyes from getting too irritated.
Just a wish. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hi FL, what "theme" are you using for the forum software? I ask because, I too, can't tolerate very bright backgrounds, and I'm using the Blackend-Green theme, and it's just what I think you're looking for.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Glad to be of help FL. If you can't find it, it's at the bottom of the page, to the left of the Contact Us, Help, etc. links. Just click on it and choose which theme you want. I believe there's only 2, the HiveWire default theme, and the Blackend-Green theme.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I chose the Black and Green theme.
It is exactly right for my eyes.
And I chose the Windows 10 H-contrast Black for my laptop.
Now my file browser has a black background and white text.
I did choose to have an image on the desktop.
Now my eyes will feel some better. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
There ya go. I knew this theme would be just what the doctor ordered. ;)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
And I went to "Stylish.com" and got a nice Face Book theme so I can see those little icons on the title bar.
All that blue at the top with the icons almost the same shade was a tad difficult for me to see.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I find a light grey background works best with my eyes. Even though, I love the look of a lot of black backgrounds. But the contrast between the black and light text is as painful to me as dark text on white! Kindle has a choice of white, black, sepia, and a light green background. I end up using the sepia, though, I'd rather there were a light grey background choice.

Old eyes are annoying!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I would prefer light or medium gray background too but settled for the darker one as it is better than white for my eyes.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I agree about the light grey Satira. I've more than once used it as a background color for web sites I've designed so it isn't so bright when viewed on a large monitor. I just happen to like the darker, medium grey or slate for my own purposes.