• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Which Dawn?

Nod

Adventurous
Hello peeps,

This question has probably been asked before, but I can't find it.

Basically, which Dawn is which? In my runtime, I have a Dawn SE, and a Dawn Special Edition Character. It would be nice to know which one I can remove to save space.

Thanks

Noel

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Dawn SE is the base, and Dawn Special Edition Character adds a couple of morphs. The only one I can remember off-hand is Hip-Height. I don't recall what else is different, but if you were going to remove one of them, I'd remove the Special Edition Character.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
From the ReadMe - (under the Important Notes section, in both the "Poser Users" and "DAZ Studio Users" sections):

Poser Users
2-Dawn Special Editon Character.cr2 will add a NEW FIGURE to your Runtime. It will load Dawn SE, the DawnBaseINJ, SSS Medium Skin Material, and Face_Smoke. It will turn on the Special Edition Face 01 100%, ShouldersNarrow 30%, HipBoneHeight 50%, and AbsContour2 50%.

DAZ Studio Users
4-Dawn Special Editon Preset.duf will give you the option of applying the preset to a current Dawn figure or adding a new figure to your Scene.
It will Load Dawn SE and the Iray Face_Smoke MAT, and turn on the Special Edition Face 01 100%, ShouldersNarrow 30%, HipBoneHeight 50%, and AbsContour2 50%.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, thanks for all the details Alisa. I could only remember the Hip morph, as that was the only I ever had to adjust on occasion.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome - hopefully that helps, Nod :)