• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What are "Profile Posts"?

McGyver

Energetic
I just noticed a bunch "profile posts", but I'm not sure what they are for.
I don't know if I've asked this before...
It seems like something I probably should have noticed, but I don't think I have...
My brain is telling me it hasn't previously told my fingers to type that sort of a question into a post type format... But then again my brain denies a lot of stuff it has been accused of.

McGyver

Energetic
Never mind... I guess it's like Twitter... Only 140 characters or so...
Inconceivable...
I can't shout "look out" in under 172...
I tried writing a sentence and I was wondering what was up with the red -47 at the bottom.
Maybe I'll save this for random shallow thoughts.

Thanks anyway... On the up side, I finally wrote something in my profile in the "about me" section.

By the way, it's stupid, so don't read it.

Anyway, thank you if you thought about answering my earlier question, but were thinking how best the phrase it or you lost your keyboard... Hopefully it will turn up.

Have a great day.

robert952

Brilliant
I didn't consciously see your post yesterday. Some days I only scan the posts I am watching.

I never noticed the 'Profile Posts' section either. Not an unusual situation, since most days I enter the forum and click on 'New Posts' without ever scrolling down.

Or my subconscious said, "Those are superfluous, non-essential, miscellany created to beguile the already overly, overtly, and covertly compromised lineal process capacity of your cranial organ and associated neuronic activities."

(My subconscious can't think in 140 characters either. It also uses more complicated words than my conscious brain can understand which is why I am always in a state of confusion. And make bad moral decisions.)

You do raise an interesting question... so I may tell my subconscious to stay quiet while I... contemplate the implications of this apparently imaginative tool not meeting expectations of communication activities. (Hey, I said, STAY QUIET.)

(You just can't have this much fun in 140 characters.)

McGyver

Energetic
Well, I'm generally unconscious when I do most things, especially when I'm writing... In fact at the moment my brain doesn't even know the rest of the body got up three hours ago...
It was pretty tired and the rest of the body felt sorry for it.
By the way, this is mostly the fingers typing this, with a little input from the spleen... The pancreas wants to add something, but it keeps telling stupid knock-knock jokes, so it can just wait.
My nervous system, (on behalf of the brain who is sleeping) wanted to say that it was very nice the way you mentioned your subconscious back there... Most people ignore their subconscious and it's nice to see it given a little air time too.
Ugh...
The pancreas won't stop...
Okay...

Pancreas: Knock Knock!

On behalf of the reader: Who's there?

Pancreas: Pancreas.

Reader: Pancreas who?

Pancreas: Me, pancreas... Open up...

Ugh... That was terrible... This why you don't let pancreas tell jokes or drive... Just stick to secreting insulin, a little phospholipase A2 and maybe some lysophospholipase when relevant... Okay?

Geez... I gotta go now my pancreas is upset and has hurt "feelings"...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Only just saw this...sorry I've not been around much this week...crappy week all round unfortunately.

It's just a space when you can post what your status is or random thoughts. I never thought to check how many characters there are though...

McGyver

Energetic
I have no idea what status is...
Is that like a Facebook term?...
My take on status would be "not welcome in several local restaurants anymore"... "Not wearing pants"... "Laying face down in grass, hugging a drunk possum"...
But I think I'm gonna give 140 characters a try...
I thought about it and most of the riots I've started began with me shouting something that was probably around 140 characters.
I love angry pitchfork wielding mobs... The smell of the torches and the sweat of desperation...
But I won't start any revolutions here...
I'll just make random stupid comments.
I have a collection of a couple hundred stupid inspirational sayings I've been making for a while now... People I know are always sending me these inspirational sayings that are mostly attributed to the wrong person, misquoted or just plain open to dispute...
"Move forward as fast as you can and never look backward"...
Why? What if something big and hungry was chasing you and its gaining on you... You might want to know about that... What if it's dark outside... You could fall down an open sewer hole...
Terrible advice.
"Stand tall and proud and never bow down"...
What if you are getting out of a helicopter?...
Dangerous advice...
So I started making my versions of famous quotes, and made up a bunch that sound like they could be old proverbs...
I'm gonna try and add one to that profile post every day or until I forget.
So basically a few days.

D

Deleted member 325

I'll just make random stupid comments.
That's mostly what I use it for. Or song lyrics... or misquoted song lyrics... It could be useful for some, say, if they are going to be doing a project and want to keep followers informed I suppose.