• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I went out for a quick walk to the supermarket, and all the streets and pavements are clear, but very wet. The only places I see any accumulation of snow are grassy areas with bushes, and on some tree limbs. The snow as it was falling was tiny little pieces that were melting as soon as they hit the ground. Definitely not cold enough today for any to stick, and then freeze up.

McGyver

Energetic
68°F (20°C) today…
I visited a nature sanctuary on the North Shore and took these…
338527F9-A1BC-4A9D-BA18-281E96E40C29.jpeg

BC90691A-861B-488C-BD37-7FF140ADCC08.jpeg

68°F today… there is still snow on the ground in a few places, but tomorrow it’s supposed to be in the thirties…
Yeah… totally normal… nothing to see here.

Well, at least I got a nice day out with my kids… and I also get to share weird nightmare photos like this…
B5F803E2-C9FA-4768-B52C-B45CA0DF1B69.jpeg

Well… take it easy, and pleasant dreams.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, the weather was glorious today, though here in the City it was only 62°, but I went out with a lightweight jacket, and it was delightful. :)

unreal

Noteworthy
I remember my first visit to New York. My friend wanted to walk around downtown in Manhattan at night. We ended up walking through the village. That's where I had my first inkling that girls are either f---ing insane or space aliens because all of them were wearing miniskirts and it was freaking freezing out that night.:eek:
Or... made of sterner stuff than blokes.

Given childbirth, I think that's probably true. Someone once said, if men had to have the babies, the race would be long extinct.

unreal

Noteworthy
It's raining here. Has been for days. Will be for days. no rain, then absolutely crazy pouring. Then it stops like a tap turning off. Sunny one minute, raining hard the next minute. Apparently, wettest summer on record (broke the old 1966 record, I think)
Warm and humid during the few minutes where it's not raining.
The dogs are very disappointed.

eclark1894

Visionary
Or... made of sterner stuff than blokes.

Given childbirth, I think that's probably true. Someone once said, if men had to have the babies, the race would be long extinct.
I've always thought that was a stupid statement. It's not like men and women actually have a choice of which one gives birth.

unreal

Noteworthy
I've always thought that was a stupid statement. It's not like men and women actually have a choice of which one gives birth.
How about Twain (Mark) when asked where would men be without women.

Extinct, sir.

And, on that note, I need coffee. Large strong flat white. Strong enough to benchpress at least 100kg.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
never a dull moment downunder

we are now experiencing a 1 in 500 year flooding event

last year it was 1 in 50 year event... the year before that it was a 1 in 100 year event!

someone just stop the planet I wanna get off!

currently it is

1646090148098.png

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If we were to stop the planet ... would there not no longer be gravity? If there were no gravity ... would we not all "float" off into space?

DanaTA

Distinguished
If we were to stop the planet ... would there not no longer be gravity? If there were no gravity ... would we not all "float" off into space?
I don't know about floating...I think it would be more like flung off the planet! At the equator, those on the surface of the planet are moving at about 1,000 mph! And our orbital speed (around the Sun) is 67,000 mph! If Earth suddenly stopped moving...everything would be flung off...I think even mountains would be ripped off...that's just a guess, of course. But surely, anything not part of the planet, not "nailed down", would shoot off into space like a stone from a slingshot. Actually, a lot faster than that. Gravity is the weakest of the four forces. Gravity is really weak!

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I didn't want to alarm anyone. Floating sounds so gentle compared to being flung out into the vast emptiness of space ... with no air.

unreal

Noteworthy
never a dull moment downunder

we are now experiencing a 1 in 500 year flooding event

last year it was 1 in 50 year event... the year before that it was a 1 in 100 year event!

someone just stop the planet I wanna get off!

currently it is

View attachment 72744
OMG, It's been raining *forever*. My dogs are sad. It's raining, often in buckets, And it's warm. The rain switches on and off fro nothing to drizzle to buckets. In the span of seconds, sometimes. Like just now. Started to get light, like sun might break through. 1 minute later, pouring. I can't even make it up the block for coffee. Life is hard.

unreal

Noteworthy
I don't know about floating...I think it would be more like flung off the planet! At the equator, those on the surface of the planet are moving at about 1,000 mph! And our orbital speed (around the Sun) is 67,000 mph! If Earth suddenly stopped moving...everything would be flung off...I think even mountains would be ripped off...that's just a guess, of course. But surely, anything not part of the planet, not "nailed down", would shoot off into space like a stone from a slingshot. Actually, a lot faster than that. Gravity is the weakest of the four forces. Gravity is really weak!

Dana
Also, the planet itself is moving around the sun at a radius of ~150km, so it moves 584km in 365 days. Then, the sun and its planets are moving at 200 kilometers per second (rotation of galaxy). It's moving at about 600km/s.

We're moving pretty fast. Relative to a reference point in space (not considering that space, itself is getting larger at some speed). Astronomers must be crazy.

As a kid, that always got me about time machines. If you moved in time (to show up at the same place) you'd have to do a lot of complicated geometric math, and know about all sorts of unknown affects since none of the billions of paths are perfect geometries and you have billions of other things affecting each path. (no wonder Sagan said "billion" so often).

And yet, you pop into a different time with not a millimeter of variance. nice trick! (Dad was a scientist, I didn't get simple answers to questions, as a kid)

unreal

Noteworthy
I don’t believe in time machines either… but I do repair them…

View attachment 72935
View attachment 72936

Also… I’m not a big fan of this current timeline… too many cliché 80s —movie tyrants and lowlifes running things.
Ooh, cool. Looks like yours uses those reverse thread 5/17th pentagonal hyper-spanners as well. Where can I order one? Mine was sucked into the past by a quantum singularity I keep in my toolbox (another project... it's always been jealous of my time machine.)

I originally got mine from myself, in the future (ie: afore mentioned singularity) but now I'm outside of that time loop, so I'm screwed. Or not. Which is the problem. Amazon has one, but only in the future. Which is a bitch when it comes to shipping. The next Pandemic is really going to affect the supply chain. And don't even get me started on GST and customs. AU wants to charge me retroactive taxes back to the earliest human settlers. Normally, I'd just use the time machine to skip all that. But I'm lacking a spanner.

unreal

Noteworthy

View attachment 72935
View attachment 72936

Also… I’m not a big fan of this current timeline… too many cliché 80s —movie tyrants and lowlifes running things.

View attachment 72935
View attachment 72936

Really interested in how you got a model of my actual craft room.

Where did you get the parts bins???

It's uncanny.

McGyver

Energetic
Both of those were “found” in disassociated timelines and were artifacts from extremely old civilizations that vanished eons before I acquired them… totally legally I might add… so most of the repair parts have to be Frankensteined out of assorted technologies…
For example, the Quantum Interpolation Baffle on the top unit was missing when I got it… technically it should be made out of Hoovooskan hexaneutronium, but a while back I snagged an ancient Egyptian canopic urn that was the exact same size… all I had to do was dump the mummy guts in a Tupperware container (you never know when you might need mummy guts) and drill a few holes in the appropriate spots and the mass point perpetrator fit right in… granted, hexaneutronium is better at preventing cascade loop escalation than a bronze gut jar, but considering how screwed up this timeline is, it’s hardly like sentient chainsaw wielding velociraptors phasing in from an overlapping reality are gonna make it any weirder.
Also, if sentient chainsaw wielding velociraptors do happen to show up again… I had nothing to do with it and it was just a coincidence or eventuality or something totally not related to anything I did or may do.

Those reverse thread 5/17th pentagonal hyper-spanners you mentioned sound similar to the epicyclic slide fasteners on Flveevlgoot Decoherence Rectifier modules… Phase Decoherence Rectifiers aren’t exactly the same as time machines parts but jump drive parts are a lot easier to buy or “find” than any temporal tech… they basically both are designed to contain forms of aetheric multiplicator waves focused within a channeled event vector and should be made of sufficiently durable materials.

Probably.

They look the same, they fit, and none of them I’ve substituted have exploded that badly so far.

The worst that could happen is you are off by a couple of years because the mass lock actuator gets out of sync… which understandably could be a problem if you aren’t in some kind of space vessel or wearing a space suit of some sort and the planet you were on happened to keep moving through space like it should… you can usually just keep tripping until you get close enough to your target time… provided you don’t fry something more important and end up a millennium off, inside a really hot star…
Or any star I suppose… it would be really bad either way…
Unless it was a movie star… then it would just be messy… you don’t want to trip into anyone… that’s really traumatizing for everyone involved.

Which is why I always try and find good permanent looking landmarks for short trips you don’t want to pop up in a septic tank or the middle of a sausage sizzle in a parking lot…
Granted that’s what all the knobs and dials are supposed to prevent from happening, but it’s not like these things have manuals.
Or I’d read them if they did.

Oh yeah… the parts bins are from Dollar Tree… you might be able to find them in other dollar stores, or the non-US dollar based equivalents.