• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well I went out around 4:00pm for my daily 1/2 hour power walk, and no sign of snow, but it was cold and windy.

Then I went out around 5:30pm to go to the supermarket to pick up a few things, and I didn't notice it at first, but could hear it when I started walking to the corner. There were small areas where there were tiny little flakes which sounded more like ice, and I do mean tiny, and the areas were very small. Soooo, we finally got some snow, but it couldn't have lasted long, as it had already stopped by the time I went out again the second time.

Miss B

CV-BEE
YIKES! We've had weather down in the 20s, but not that low. I find that surprising for where you are, but then I was never out visiting my family in Arizona this time of year, so wouldn't know for sure just how low the weather gets where you are.

unreal

Noteworthy
We had the largest snowflakes that I have ever seen! They averaged 3 inches across, but quite a few were larger! They fell for around an hour. They were so filled with water that they didn't pile up, thank goodness!
Headline: Humongous Snowflake Squashes Dog!

Liberals and conservatives blame the liberal/conservative media. Libertarians blame everyone else. Progressives blame themselves. Story at 11. Then at 12. Then again at 6 (but with misspellings). Then again at 8, only with all the "facts" reversed. Then in twitter, only wrong and retracted shortly there after.

I read it on reddit, so it must be true.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I went to sleep around 1:00am, and woke up around 3:30am, and it seemed light outside at that usually very dark time, so I went over to a window, and sure enough it was snowing. They had predicted snow over night, but I didn't expect to see that much.

Well when I woke up again around 5:30am, there was a ton of it on my fire escape, so I'm now questioning whether the 3" they predicted actually turned out to be closer to 6". Luckily, it's turned out to be a sunny day, so it's melting, but I doubt it'll all melt. I'm NOT looking forward to going out later to run errands. :(

DanaTA

Distinguished
Looks like we got at least 6". I have to go out and clear the driveway later...after I eat something.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, a lot of it on my fire escape has melted, but now that the sun is past it, the "drips" I was seeing earlier are now frozen icicles. ~groan~

McGyver

Energetic
It snowed here… temps were in the low 30°s F, but the windchill at the beach was around 16°F…
Frickin’ cold, but nice skies…

E9F00AEC-FF31-4843-83A8-EB479BC82A26.jpeg

6AA25DFF-5BF7-43A3-9094-4B94C2194E84.jpeg

5B3714C8-2ED4-4202-B16F-8EB9B01A7AE0.jpeg

I decided to obey the sign and not to go swimming… but it had nothing to do with there being no lifeguard on duty.

eclark1894

Visionary
One last one from today…View attachment 71976
The deers are kinda unafraid of people because they get fed by humans so often.
Nothing to do with the weather, but this reminded me of one morning when I looked out my kitchen window and saw three deer wandering around in my back yard. They weren't out in the open, but in a wooded lot behind my house. This was the first time in all the years I'ver seen more than a squirrel in my backyard, and I've lived here since I was 12. I just turned 64. So imagine my surprise the other day when I walk into my kitchen and look out that same window to see a small grey fox limping around in that same wooded lot. He apparently had hurt his leg, as he was hopping around favoring it. Eventually, he wandered back into the woods and disappeared. I'm not going into those woods anymore.

McGyver

Energetic
Wait… was it daylight and were the deer all sparkly?

Regardless, it’s definitely a wise choice to not venture into the woods anymore… you never know what might be lurking in there… it’s too early into 2022 to know if it’s going to be a less insane year than the previous few… Remember, we still haven’t gotten rid of the Murder Hornets and one never knows when a hive of Vampire Deer might hitch a ride in a shipment of persimmon…

363BC15D-7499-4874-8B1C-5AECB1DBBD25.jpeg

Yes, Chinese Water Deer look adorable and technically they are not carnivores or professional blood sucking monsters (no reference to anyone in the legal sector), but really, just how long does anyone really think these adorable creatures will stay adorable until they realize they have huge fangs and that human blood is kinda delicious.

I‘m calling this one ahead of time… 2022 will be the year of the Murder Deer… I’m only calling them Murder Deer because I think Vampire Deer sounds less believable, even though I’m pretty sure they have vampire powers… look at that deer… look at that smug look of vampire-like confidence… he’s all like “You talkin‘ to me?”…

Never mind that limping fox… Definitely a lycanthrope… not as bad as a werewolf, but nobody needs to get bitten by a werefox and get all that silly werefox baggage… running around shirtless, being hot all the time, fighting your sworn rivals the vampire deer, but unfortunately only being three feet tall… definitely, you need to go wolf if you get bitten by a lycanthrope, and not something silly like a fox or dachshund.

And you absolutely need to avoid that stray rhinoceros… you did mention a rhinoceros, right… I feel like I read something about a rhinoceros up there… I dunno, I’m not scrolling up because I’m sure I’m remembering that correctly.
But either way you never know where those things have been… hanging around in dumpsters or drainage pipes or abandoned factories filled with radioactive waste… you get bitten by one of them and next thing you know you’ll become obsessed with defeating Spider-Man or something tedious like that.

In fact I’d avoid the yard as well… those squirrels are definitely up to no good… it’s just a given… they are squireels.

Nope, definitely a wise decision to avoid the woods (and the yard too) given the crazy levels of crazy of these past few years have delivered onto us all.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm not afraid of wooded areas (or my own back yard) as I've been playing in both all my life. However, these were some new animals as I've live in this house for 52 years and the biggest wild animal I've seen in all that time until recently were squirrels and rabbits. These animals have just moved into the area, most likely trying to move away from construction that has driven them out of their homes.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Just saw something on the news a few days ago about deer in your yard. Stay away...they could have COVID. They seem to be able to catch it from humans, and possibly can spread it to humans. So they said, just in case, don't get too close. Just to add to McGyver's warnings. :D

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Just saw something on the news a few days ago about deer in your yard. Stay away...they could have COVID. They seem to be able to catch it from humans, and possibly can spread it to humans. So they said, just in case, don't get too close. Just to add to McGyver's warnings. :D

Dana
Deer don't generally let you get too close to them. :D

DanaTA

Distinguished
Deer don't generally let you get too close to them. :D
See McGyver's post above. The deer around his area are not afraid of humans, because they feed the deer. So, they don't run off. The deer in my neighborhood are a little less bold, but I saw one in my yard a couple years ago, with antlers, and I drove right up withing about four yards, and stopped. He (or she) just turned, looked at me, then continued for a minute, then casually walked off.

Dana

McGyver

Energetic
Vampire deer might… it’s how they lure in their victims.
I’m assuming… I just want to be ahead of the press when this becomes a thing.

By the way the whole deer and rhinoceros thing was one of my dopey bits where I take a random part of someone else’s comment and build a whole nutty conspiracy on it… I wasn’t implying you are or should be afraid to go in the woods, I was just making a dumb joke.

McGyver

Energetic
See McGyver's post above. The deer around his area are not afraid of humans, because they feed the deer. So, they don't run off. The deer in my neighborhood are a little less bold, but I saw one in my yard a couple years ago, with antlers, and I drove right up withing about four yards, and stopped. He (or she) just turned, looked at me, then continued for a minute, then casually walked off.

Dana

Those deer are actually about four, maybe five feet away… they were eating some bread people left them and weren’t threatened at all by our (me and my daughter‘s) presence… people keep feeding them despite there being loads of signs saying it’s illegal to do so.
In that particular area the deer actually walk up to you to see if you have something for them… but the ones a little further down the road aren’t as bold.
One problem about deer getting too tame is the bucks can get territorial in the spring and have been known to charge people who get too close… the thing I’m actually more concerned with are the ticks they have and the Lyme disease they harbor.